Ideas Wanted!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Bear, you just might have a point there..[;)] I confess I never thought about the upkeep of the forum, sorry about that Roger[&:]. Besides, it might be a wee bit difficult getting all to agree on a suitable charity? Hey here's an idea, there's ships in bottles, we could have the Globe in a bottle, or something of the idea of the Pittsburg Paint logo, the one saying it "Covers The Earth" - our forum covers the earth with the artifacts we 'UN-Earth'[8D]

wootten

Reaction score
Hey hey hey-count me in-the people here have been awesome I would love to get a tee-shirt-wahoooooooo-wendy

preditor

Reaction score
logo idea-- an open treasure chest with bottles sticking out. shirt would say official ABF treasure hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys I found a bottle and ended up here somehow. This is a cool website though and t-shirts would be awsome.

Reaction score
I like the idea of glopf43, "BOTTLE COLLECTING...I REALLY DIG IT!"

Then the logo could be a hole that has a shovel sticking out of it throwing dirt, and have a pile of bottles next to the hole.....?

bne74honda

Reaction score
Hi All,

I think the idea is fantastic and agree with both ideas for the disbursement of any profits. First for this site upkeep and second for charity. If I may be so bold as to suggest a single charity, it would be the Red Cross. They have an extremely long history of providing aid world-wide in any crisis. As such they are (in my opinion) most capable of ensuring any funds they receive are used properly.

If we were to provide them with our excess funds, they may allow us to incorporate their logo on our shirts, describing ourselves as supporters. This would help our cause even further if we were to wear the shirt(s) while approaching landowners for permissions.

Just my two pennies. But I do like the whole idea and will definitely support this effort any way I can!

Brian

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey all. I picture the Earth with a winged bottle flying around it. You know, sort of like at the begining of those old RKO pictures. The ones with the Earth being circled by a plane...around and around..."spanning the globe", I think the announcer would say. Kind of corny I know but the best ideas can come from just blurting out whats on your mind and letting everyone else run with it. Let's keep those ideas flowing

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Here is another..... How about the words: I Recycle I dig old bottles. With a international recycle logo... or a altered version "The Antique Bottle Forum" A world full of information.. Taz

kumtow

Reaction score
Bne74honda's (Brian) idea about including a logo on the shirt or whatever for a charity we support with excess funds is a top idea. It gives the impression of legitimency (spelling???) that landowners may appreciate, therefore increasing permission to dig rates.
Tis a grand idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson