Ideas Wanted!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rwmarler

Reaction score
Hey Brian,
You still might get some phone calls down there in the Lone Star state. Next time try white-out.[8D]

glopf43

Reaction score
I agree that we don't need to have only one design & slogan for t-shirts; as Rhona said 'some funny some serious'. Although I think the idea of single "patch/symbol/logo" for all "official" outerware is the right way to go. Thanks...

bne74honda

Reaction score
I like the way this is going. A lot of really good ideas and brain-storming happening. So far I must admit I have some favourites.

Looking Through Glass to the Past
Their Dumps....Our Treasures
Seeking/Discovering/Uncovering.... the Past through Glass

These 3 are really good. Not to say there aren't others that are...these just seem to contain a certain level of sophistication or respectability that I think we may want to carry with us to other peoples' property.

That said, I whole-heartedly agree that we should have some 'fun' slogans as well. After all, we sure as hell can't be all serious when we're elbow deep in century old....uh....'dumps' [;)].

Brian

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey all. I really like, "DISCOVERING THE PAST THROUGH GLASS"! I was just heading out to dig and thought it might be nice if we had an "official" song...How about this (sung to the tune of the "William Tell Overture", a.k.a. "The Lone Ranger Song")..."TO THE DUMP...TO THE DUMP...TO THE DUMP DUMP DUMP/TO THE DUMP... TO THE DUMP...TO THE DUMP DUMP DUMP..." ETC.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Yeah, and once you're in a hole and you catch that first glimpse of glass, the tune / tempo picks up, to like "The Flight of The Bumble Bee"[8D]

Here's another - Unearthing The Past....One Bottle At A Time!

towhead

Reaction score
Hey oldshoe4u-Excellent!! .... I'm gonna' hafta' try that!!!!!!!!! hee hee

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Glad you liked that one Towhead[:D]. I really do like the Idea of a professional Logo'd shirt and a less serious shirt design as well. We also should make childrens sizes as well so my kids can approach land owners and tell them that their father said if they dont get permission they don't eat that night...[;)]

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Hey Roger let's get the voting under way and see this Idea to fruition! I'll ask locally to see if we can get an Idea of how much the production will cost, we just need a logo or two, as for me I would be proud to wear any design our fine members agree upon. We also need to know approximatley how many shirts we are talking about.

I think that we should also allow members to purchase shirts at a slight markup with profits from sales being re-directed into this web-site only. I know we all have our favorite charities but I personally donate to mine anually and would rather see our members get the shirts at a lower price and this wonderful web site stay in existance for as long as I'm able to log onto it!

I think that as far as shipping we can mass ship quantities to the different moderators around the globe or have them produced locally to the moderators and then allow members to purchase from the nearest moderator with the member paying actual shipping costs plus shirt/hat/whatever else we come up with cost.

EVERYONE lets get this Idea into reality!! I'd love to get this done so that we can sport them at the upcoming shows!

BOB

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Roger, Here's another Idea..

There are a few sites online available to do printing on t-shirts and various other items.
Maybe we can get in touch with them and give them an aproxximate Idea of how many items they will expect to sell to us, and have them give a volume discount, with the exception being that our forum orders on each pre-paid member's request and we have the company itself direct ship to each of the members. This would solve our distribution problem but would also be a little more labor intensive on our end as far as having to phone in each additional order to the company we choose (and pre-figuring shipping). I also know that we will have to set a deadline for ordering so that the company can mass produce the items all at one time (in order for us to get a volume discount) as they wont want to have to piece-meal out the items long term.
I'd be glad to help with anything I can!
BOB

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Roger. I'm with Bob, anything I can do to help see this to fruition let me know.
Many years ago I was inolved with a similer prodject in AZ. We had a limited run of 100. The one thing I learned is to be sure and get a good quality shirt for the printing. These will hold up much better and are worth a little higher cost (only a few cents more per shirt when purchased in quantity). May I suggest a name brand like 'Haynes' or 'Fruit of the Loom' and in the "heavy" cloth. The cheap sirts don't last but only a few times in the wash before the printing disolves like a just-dug ACL. I'm ready to proudly wear anything the members agree upon. Also, to avoid potintial discord, perhaps any profit should go to the forum. None here would would dispute that we ALL enjoy IT...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli