Insulator help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

INLarry

Reaction score
My grandfather put in 40+ years with the local power company and amassed a large collection of insulators over that time. I've got several like these three, some are unmarked, most marked "Lapp (date)". I've got one that's unmarked and about 30lbs, brown and about a foot in diameter, I'll get pics of it later.

Anything here worth keeping/selling?

24E17DAFB0AB4719985F1C36D86482BB.jpg

Attachments

• 24E17DAFB0AB4719985F1C36D86482BB.jpg
    24E17DAFB0AB4719985F1C36D86482BB.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 96

BillinMo

Reaction score
Good idea to post photos.

Lapp was a large manufacturer that was active for many years in LeRoy, New York. As is typical of yours, they're often marked with a date (like your 1929 example) or the style number. The ordinary brown color isn't very valuable and most collectors wouldn't pay much for it.

From accumulating for such a long time, though, it's possible your grandfather may have saved some interesting and old pieces. Look for something marked "Fred M. Locke" or "F. M. Locke" (the newer marking of just LOCKE is very common). Other things to look for in porcelain include a patent date marking; unusual colors like blue, yellow or green; railroad company or power company names. Feel free to post more photos since some ordinary-looking styles can be quite rare. If you have a really large accumulation of items, it would be worth having someone take a look at it.

Brains

Reaction score
bills got a good point- pictures really help with porcelain- styles that look the same can be different in some little way and that might make ll the difference in the rarity/value.
post up some more pictures eh? Stuff that's marked is generally better.... and stuff with a straight groove in the top tend to be older....and fredLocks of course

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide