Marble Cab

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

idigjars

Reaction score
I will get the pics when I get home from work today. The glass front small case on top is a display case for marbles also. It's Full, mostly Pelts. I will send some pics of the marbles in that case and a closeup of the case itself also.

I don't think there are any brass corners on the bottom cabinet and I don't think there are any manufactering markings. The only way we could date it was from the lawyers papers dating to the 1930's. I'll get some more pics for you. Best regards. Paul

surfaceone

Reaction score
I don't think there are any brass corners on the bottom cabinet and I don't think there are any manufactering markings. The only way we could date it was from the lawyers papers dating to the 1930's. I'll get some more pics for you.

Hey Paul,

Are the little drawer frame / pulls made of brass? I bet'cha if you take out all the drawers, and look on the underside of everything, you might find a stencil, or brand, or something that might tell you the makers.

This was made in the day of proud craftsmen, and they wanted you to know their name.

Pair%20of%20Stickley%20Brothers%20bow-arm%20chairs.-85001.jpg

idigjars

Reaction score
I took out the 34 small drawers and the only thing I found was a penciled number like maybe somebody was trying to keep count of how many drawers they made? I didn't pull out the 4 big drawers yet but will report anything new if marked. The pulls are brass. So I'm not sure who made it. I know the name Stickley, pretty cool. That furniture was made just north of me about 2 hours. There is a nice museum in Grand Rapids that has a lot of Stickley and other furniture makers information. Grand Rapids was known as the "furniture city" back in the day. Paul :)

tftfan

Reaction score
Really NICE... thanks for the pics [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris