More diving finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

aussiebottlo

Reaction score
Yeah good one Wayne, these are a result of a lot of research old maps etc. I still have a lot more days without finding to much but like they say a bad day bottling is still better than a good day working.

John

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey John, New South Wales lager bier. Pretty cool. Thats a lot of beer. I was in Australia with the Air Force back in the 70s. Some where up north at an auxiliary air field. It was really a WW2 Clay dirt strip with a few shacks and a big tent but the beer was cold.

warith

Reaction score
Those NSW Lager Bier's are one of my favourite Sydney beer bottles; they also come in two sizes (ridiculoulsly large -> like the one you found, and normal height but almost empty -> a little rarer).

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Aussiebotlo...

Hey John, how you doing today... get into the water?[8|] I didn't...[X(] I'm having wicked bad bottle withdrawal[&o] So depressed... plus I'm pulling out records and paperwork for tax time and that really bites!![:'(]

So, to cheer myself up, I went over to the shelf and took down a pair of bottles to photograph!![:)] One is a US Navy Pepper and the other is a US Navy Mustard...
These were found in 23' of water in Kittery, Maine just outside of the oldest active US shipyard in America!! They probably came off a Navy warship and I guess they may be just after the Civil War?

Kind of cool, they were found about 50 feet from eachother. This is how they cleaned up from the muriatic acid bath. I've been thinking about sending them out to get "tumbled" which would make them sparkle... what do you think?[:-]

Wayne

Sq46633.jpg

Attachments

• Sq46633.jpg
    Sq46633.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 77

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members