Mrs. Dinsmore' s, Mrs. Soule' s, Thurston' s ...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AndyR

Reaction score
Conroe, Texas (but originally Massachusetts)
I am a collector and writing a book about medicines made in Lynn, Massachusetts. There are many, but if you have any trade cards or other advertising for any of these products in particular, I would love to get an emailed image of what you have, even if it is not for sale! The information or image you provide might help to answer some critical questions for my book! I promise to mention you in my book! [:D]

If the trade cards are stamped with proprietors' locations outside of New England, I would love to know where they were located. ANY information would be helpful. Please check your collections especially for the following:

Mrs. Dinsmore' s Cough and Croup Balsam
Mrs. Soule' s Pimple Eradicator
Furbush' s Magnetic Balsam

any medicines by Geo. B. Thurston

Thanks so much! --Andy

P.S. Ofcourse, I am always willing to buy pieces I do not currently have in my collection. [:)]

AndyR

Reaction score
Conroe, Texas (but originally Massachusetts)
Hunter - Thanks so much. Yep, they' re out there! Lynn was certainly not the biggest center of medicine makers in New England; in fact, there were several much bigger (Lowell, Boston, and Providence come to mind). But I have been able to locate over 60 medicines made in Lynn so far. Swampscott is much tougher, though! I have only run across one. It was a cod-liver oil made in the 1850s by one of Swampscott' s fisherman.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me! --AndyR

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey