My first complete Iron Pontil, and a dandy to boot!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

potstone

Reaction score
This is what makes this such a great hobby. Stephen, I know
your flying high and everyone one else has a buzz from
your find. It makes me feel great also with all the excitement.
Once again; Good going, I hope it's worth big $$$$$$$$$$$
Greg

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
What a great find. Everyone that digs as consistantly as you do is nearly always rewarded at one time or another. There is no luck involved here. It takes patience and persurverance. You seem to have them both. Thanks for the inspiration to me and everyone else who follows the posts on this forum. That is truly a remarkable find.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well now, Professor Plum, you dug up one HECK of a bottle!!! Kudos to you!!! That could well be the bottle find of 2009.. [:)][:)]

Jim

Reaction score
Killer good find, Stephen! Someone did you a very sweet favor when they decided to keep that pretty pickle bottle instead of throwing it away in the 1850s. I would definitely keep it, but if you decide to sell it, I'm sure that you will be very pleased with the result. ~Jim

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
WOW FANTASTIC! All I can say is congratulations I'm happy for you! You must be on cloud nine. It worth whatever someone winds up paying you for it, but it has to be up in the thousands for sure. Take your time selling it, don't sell it to anyone who's rushing you. You busted your butt and your persistence paid off. Way to Go!!

CazDigger

Reaction score
Awesome find, I'm VERY jealous! I agree with Bram and the others who say DON'T SELL IT! I don't know your financial situation, but you don't have any money to speak of invested, so hang on to it. A good digging buddy several years back dug an open pontiled cobalt blue 10" Wynkoops Sarsaparilla (also in with 1890s stuff) He sold it and bought a dirt bike. The bike is looong gone. He will never dig another bottle of that caliber and he regrets it every day. So if you dig something great like that, my advice is to hang on to it. Never sell your best dug bottle.
Mark

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete