My first complete Iron Pontil, and a dandy to boot!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mike O

Reaction score
Congrats Stephen. what a wonderfull 1st pontil. that is one to be proud of for sure and if you can I would say keep it!

TJSJHART

Reaction score
fantastic....theres nothing i can say that won't be a repeat that anyone else has said ...but maybe to apease the wife sellin some of your commons or doubles to pay bills and finding a earth quake and people proof case to show it off in. the bottle gods must love you...

RedGinger

Reaction score
That's a cool story, one we all dream of being able to tell. Just having the bottle, you know you'll never be stuck.

idigjars

Reaction score
Plumb, very cool story and congrats on that great pickle. Good luck with your next dig. Paul

cadburys

Reaction score
Hey Stephen,
I was thinking that you should submit that story to AB&GC You may be able to turn that story into a fish bitters! You sure can write. Do it.
Ant

farmerdan

Reaction score
I found a 12 inch variant listed in the antique trader 2008 price guide for $800 - $1600. A 9" might be worth quite a bit more. Definitely one of the nicest cathedral pickles I've seen! Good find!

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
stephen, i love you like family but i will say this once more just so you know im serious. if you sell it i will beat you like a red headed step child. if you sell it, you will have the immediate joys of money but years of regret and sorrow. one day, when you are ready to settle down with a family, then it will be the down payment on a home for you. think about that.

lexdigger

Reaction score
First off... WOW! What a Dig!!! No doubt a rare find for sure. I will tell you one thing without a doubt, take plenty of pictures! Document that find for all its worth! If you do decide to sell it you will be glad you did. Even if you keep it, there are NO guarantees in life. It could get destroyed someday and you would wish you had MORE pictures of it.
As far as selling it goes, just ask yourself is this... are you willing to PAY what it's worth to keep it??? By turning down any offer you are basically SPENDING that money to keep it. Someday the price may go up, but it might not??? Unless I collected pickles or it was a local, I would sell it in a heartbeat!!! Keep in mind though that my first pontil was an unembossed med... and it's still sitting on the shelf!!! LOL Either way, it was your lucky day! Enjoy it no matter what you decide to do with it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause