My first ebay listing... Tips?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Well, I for one think charging more than it costs to ship the item is BS. I have plenty of boxes and packing stuff from bottles I've bought, and you can get them for free from stores' trash, so it really shouldn't be factored into the cost to the buyer. I've bought bottles where they charged $9.99 shipping, and when I got it the label was for regular expedited shipping for $5.50 or so. I always avoid sellers that overcharge on shipping.

I'm more confident bidding on free shipping bottles, because it eliminates the feeling that the seller is ripping you off on shipping.

Dean

Reaction score
Hello Conner,

Here is one on your watch list as Bar Harbour is where we vacationed last year and will be back through there in early Oct. going to Nova Scotia & PEI. My little bit of advice on the listing is to included either pharmacist or druggist, more so than the name.

Good Luck with your auctions,

Dean

LtlBtl

Reaction score
Charging less than 1.00 over actual shipping cost is not unreasonable. A trip to post office requires gas and time.
i ship on average 50 boxes a week. Free boxes aren't always an option and neither is bubble wrap.
Free shipping may entice some buyers/sellers. When you have to ship something that may cost 6.00 in your zone, it may cost 10.00 for West Coast. That is $.$$ out of your pocket.
When you are selling a few items a week, "rules" are different. And unfortunately, it is those who make it tougher for people who have to treat it as a business. A nominal charge(1.00ish) for handling costs is not bs. Over 2.00 is, depending on item.
My experiences may not count for a lot but i have a lot of them.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Well, I figure you can add a dollar to the starting bid and still do free shipping, if it really costs a dollar for materials/time. I factored the shipping cost into the $10 I wanted out of the bottle, at least that way the buyers can pay what they feel is okay for the bottle, without worrying about me overcharging for shipping.

Good news about my listing, anyway... I've got SEVEN watchers, so I'm hoping to see some fireworks towards the end of the listing! Fingers crossed!

KBbottles

Reaction score
Nice listing. Let me know how u make out. I am thinking of starting this as well. Get a couple of local collectors that need this one and u can get lucky! :)

Dean

Reaction score
Hello Conner,

Here is one on your watch list as Bar Harbour is where we vacationed last year and will be back through there in early Oct. going to Nova Scotia & PEI. My little bit of advice on the listing is to included either pharmacist or druggist, more so than the name.

Dean

Here is your first ebay sale feedback!!! T H A N K S

Great 1st ebay sale transaction; Good luck; T H A N K S again

Buyer: Member id sampletrader ( Feedback Score Of 1475) Sep-06-11 10:02
Charles A. Keucher Medicine Bottle Bar Harbor Maine ME (#270807261981) US $20.51

glass man

Reaction score
I don't have money to buy,but like to see whats on ebay...seems like folks are going insane with their shipping charges...more then the starting bid of the object...at times more then the object is worth!

I fell for the cheap item but high postage scam once when I bought my first item on ebay..all I saw was thr 50 cents for a look mag. that had a Beatle story in it...I saw the 10 buck postage after it was too late....[&o]JAMIE

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Dean

Hello Conner,

Dean

Here is your first ebay sale feedback!!! T H A N K S

Great 1st ebay sale transaction; Good luck; T H A N K S again

Buyer: Member id sampletrader ( Feedback Score Of 1475) Sep-06-11 10:02
Charles A. Keucher Medicine Bottle Bar Harbor Maine ME (#270807261981) US $20.51

It was a pleasure doing business with you! Hope you like the bottle.

By the way, I now have FIVE active listings on eBay... A little bit of everything. The ACL milk has 6 watchers, so I'm hoping it's a good one!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem