My two finds today...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pinxbinx

Reaction score
I wanted to add that I googled both and the one is definitely a poison bottle. The larger was definitely used for "medicine" but I found different oils and stuff that I cannot be sure what was in it without the label. Unfortunately, the scratching on it looks like someone cleaned it roughly, so someone could have scrubbed the label off. Bummer. Either way, they are definitely an exciting thing since these are my oldest bottles since I'm very new to bottle collecting. The one seems to be early 1900's. Do you know how old the larger is? The only date I could find is 1890's, but based on my research for the seems, I would have thought early 1900's at the earliest, so I'm a little confused. I am still learning and kind of want to document my findings in a journal of sorts.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey there Pinx, both bottles seem to be from the mid 1910s-early 1920s. I always figured that bottles like the smaller one you have were poisons but don't know for sure. The larger one is likely a "utility" bulk medicine/drug bottle and may have held just about anything, though it is likely that whatever it held was a higher-end product (like an essential oil or tincture/fluid extract of a rare/expensive plant). And that larger one seems to have been buried and then excavated, based upon the pictures, so whatever label it had was probably rotted/destroyed ages ago while still underground.

They are nice pieces and certainly worthy of display in your home. Good luck and keep at it! I really like your enthusiasm!

Asterx

Reaction score
That little guy most likely held iodine. Enjoy them [:)]

splante

Reaction score
online yard sale is this something new???

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Pinx:

I read your other posts and this one and haven't stopped smiling since. They have cheered me on a couple of really dreary days. Your excitement and enthusiasm are wonderful to behold especially when I read you are scrounging with your Daughters and they are interested. That is like Magic and should be treasured as such. My Wife and two Daughters accompanied me on many, many digs many years ago and we still enjoy looking at pictures of these activities and reminiscing.

Anyway, know that you gave this old man some smiles and never forget these times. Keep digging and looking and bonding with your family. Tell the Hubby from my experience:" When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy". It's worth a few bucks here and there

CreekWalker

Reaction score
When it comes to glass, cobalt blue is my favorite color! I would have jumped on them for three bucks too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday