Need help with unlisted Rockford, Ill bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't know that can't even be done. On average I'd say a plate mold blob at around 5-10$ if near perfect. It depends and who and how many want it though. If you can wrangle 20+ people from Rockford or nearby and hold an auction it may be higher.It's more in the demand part than the supply for them.

MrsStenberg

Reaction score
Let me know. I'm a descendant of the Kling family and my GGgranpa bought the bottling works and renamed it Wilson Bottling Co. He also married Hugo's sister.

I would be willing to buy it as long as the price is reasonable.

Thank you.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Any of them related to the Kling Brewery in Detroit in late 1800's early 1900's? LEON.

MrsStenberg

Reaction score
Not that I know of.

My line of Klings were mostly watchmakers from Skovde county in Sweden. The name is a military name (instead of Patronymic) and means "blade". The name is also used by Germans and other Germanic countries.

However, Hugo's grandfather had 22 children, 17 of them were males, and they all lived to maturity. Many of them immigrated into the Midwest in the 1800's, so it's possible that the brewery owner is a relation that I haven't identified yet.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Kling was a well known big Brewery here in Detroit many years ago. Could be a connection. LEON.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I also posted a request for information about this bottle in a couple other places and, while nobody seems to be able to tell me any details, there seems to be a lot of interest in it. I have had several offers for it, so will likely list it on eBay to give everybody a fair chance to get it. I still haven't received it from the auction house, but as soon as it arrives and I can take pictures I'll try to get it listed and post a link on this thread.

MrsStenberg

Reaction score
Sounds good. Please share the eBay listing when you make it.

Thank you so much!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I asked about a unknown unlisted Philadelphia blob top in here once before, Nobody heard of it or had any info on it. I said it must be rare then. They said didn't matter if it was rare or not, they said philadelphia was a big city with many breweries & probably had lots of unknown unlisted beer blobs & it was worthless because anything from Philadelphia was common & had no interest so no value. Even if only bottle known worth nothing if nobody cared they pretty much said? LEON.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Yeah, that's kind of the idea I had, but several people have contacted me with an interest in buying it, so there is at least a little bit of demand.
I have a rare olive oil bottle that is worth $14, and a common hutch worth a twice that. It's all about demand.In the case of a Philly bottle, because there are so many, I would imagine it would have to be an unusually colored pontiled soda to be worth a lot, but I've no idea. I do know some bottles from there sell pretty good.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Your right, Value depends on demand & what someone is willing to pay. Rarity doesn't always matter. I know in the beer can world it does but oddly not with bottles? LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter