Need help with unlisted Rockford, Ill bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I've got a good script blocker but I could view the vfstore thing at first, then it was gone. I did a google thing that came up with a bunch of "ripoff" things so I just finished a virus scan. I hope there isn't a sleeper agent in here but I've been thinking about a reformat start over anyway. I haven't done that in a few years.Was the end price $568.62? I think that was it.Anyway, I don't think it's worth more than $30 but you never know if two people want something at the same time. They can go nuts.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I can estimate the value of Florida blobs pretty accurately most of the time. Not sure where this is, though. Hoping some Rockford collectors will chime in. Are there any on here?

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I do not recall ever seeing a collector from Rockford on here. Rockford blobs are weird. I have seen them go anywhere from $10 to $160! Don't know why but some of them go for good money. Then the same one that was just on and brought over 100 sells for like $15. So I really don't know what it is worth.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Hey Eric,I've never heard that about the "This Bottle Not to be Sold" dates. Is that a general rule?

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Yes for the most part it is. The blobs and hutches I have that say that are right around that time period. I may be wrong but I have always associated the not to be sold with that time period.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I gave those years from an article I read that actually stated 1893 and left it open for an end date. I gave it a give or take as a personal opinion and came up with 1890 and ended at 1910 because I've never seen a machine made bottle that seam to be from later than that with in on it.The article is on my computer but if you type it in quotes it may still show up online, otherwise I'll have to upload it, which, I don't know if I can.[:)]

MichaelFla

Reaction score
No, that's fine. Thank you! I was able to find the (or at least an) article rather easily, and it also answered my next question, which was about the word 'Registered.'

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Pretty sure I will. Bottleworm has also expressed an interest. I'd just like to find an approximate value first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter