New guy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Conch times

Reaction score
I rescued this one out of one of the dump trucks today. I climbed up the side while the driver was waiting for his paperwork and there it was just sitting there waiting to be picked.
It says Brady crotine a sure cure for all headaches. Yet another one I have not seen in the pile before, just makes it more sad to see it go. On the funny side though we told one of the drivers that we found a bottle in the pile that was worth $1000 bucks and we would buy any that he brought back. I'm sure he called the other trucks and told them so it will be interesting to see if they bring any back tomorrow.
d807da18.jpg

Conch times

Reaction score
I got this one today, another rescue from a dump truck. Now I have found and posted one of these before but it was a clear one. This one is aqua and the glass is so weird how it gets thick and then thin all throughout the bottle.pics are not to good but you can get the idea.

e743f998.jpg

91fec07f.jpg

20e154e8.jpg

c4d85fcd.jpg

RED Matthews

Reaction score
got this one today, another rescue from a dump truck. Now I have found and posted one of these before but it was a clear one. This one is aqua and the glass is so weird how it gets thick and then thin all throughout the bottle.pics are not to good but you can get the idea.
Conch times. This med bottle is a great example of one being made with a improperly blown parison. The bottle maker was not in control of the formed first stage of making a bottle come out with good distribution.

The round bottle pictured above this bottle also had a problem that resulted from the parison swinging when the final mold was closed around it. It resulted in bottom edge thinness that would have easily broken if the bottom edge of the bottle was bumped against a table edge or something in it's path.

You have sure been getting some neat old glass products. I would like to have that "/ G.L.H & CO. " bottle; if you want to sell it. It is a good example of poor parison creation. RED Matthews

Conch times

Reaction score
So what exactly is ponds extract?
37950f37.jpg

Pic sucks but it has 1846 on the bottom, I'm sure this is not the the born on date. Does anyone know what this number meant?
8a323591.jpg

Can't help it I like the spotlight pics!
8cc66d55.jpg

3269a746.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
This is one of the first product's from the Pond's people. The 1846 on the bottom of the bottle is not the year of manufacture, but rather the year the T. T. Pond Co. was formed.

In 1846. Mr. Pond extracted a healing tea from witch hazel, with which he discovered he could heal small cuts and other ailments. Soon after, the product would be known as "Pond's Extract".

Conch times

Reaction score
Someone was asking about embossed beer bottles, I have not looked through all of mine yet but this one has some writing on the bottom.
Its hard to make out in the pic but it says. Peter doelger brewing co inc new York
7f2d88a6.jpg

8050e2ad.jpg

Conch times

Reaction score
Got a few more cleaned up.
This one is my favorite color.
8e5e420a.jpg

Another one in brown this one has a cork in it.
11436474.jpg

0d188c05.jpg

This one looks like a mini Florida water but there's no writing on it.
1937e7c5.jpg

This one just looks like nothing special but it has an anchor on the bottom.
1085ea8e.jpg

99a0af71.jpg

Don't know what this was for but there was a lot of them in the pile.
181b72a3.jpg

1aa8080a.jpg

3f3aa79a.jpg

00015848.jpg

a812ff96.jpg

0f8df6a8.jpg

16a575e3.jpg

143ed426.jpg

Even though inks are my favorite kind of bottle I have like 50 of these cones in aqua so if anyone is interested let me know.
4b9ccbd7.jpg

Conch times

Reaction score
I found this little guy today looks like a B on it. It almost looks like it has a grove in the mouth like a pour spout.
4e7e9b62.jpg

4c8d9266.jpg

1c9c8141.jpg

surfaceone

Reaction score
Don't know what this was for but there was a lot of them in the pile.

181b72a3.jpg

Hey Jay,

This is a "figural" barrel mustard jar. I'm always glad to see them, whether plain or embossed.

This one, I think is a good one:

a812ff96.jpg

Is there any other embossing? I think this may be a "Doc" Pemberton product.

pember1.png

"John Pemberton was born in 1831 in Knoxville, Georgia. He attended pharmacy school, and owned an apothecary and soda fountain in Columbus, Georgia at 11 7th Street. He'd fought for The Confederacy during the Civil War, and appears to have become addicted to morphine after being wounded in The War. After the war, Pemberton moved to Atlanta and started making and selling patent medicines such as Globe Flower Cough Syrup, Extract of Stillingia, Triplex Liver Pills, and Lemon & Orange Elixer. One of Pemberton's biggest selling items was French Wine of Coca..." From.

"In a two-story red brick building on Marietta Street, Atlanta, home of Pemberton Chemical Company - Dr. J. S. Pemberton, President - bottles were being filled with Pemberton's Stylingia, Globe Flower Cough Syrup, Indian Queen Hair Dye, Wine of Coca, and Coca-Cola. That was way back in '88, and little did this old chemist know that he had formulated a drink that was to quench the parched throats of a thirsty world..." From Dennis Smith / celerycola.

GAAK23.JPG
From.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4