Oh boy,Look out for the weekend..A Snowcane is coming

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
The people west of this are really getting pounded...[:-]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The storm is now moving 30 miles an hour,central pressure is down to 940 heavy rain is accompanying the outer eye wall bands. Flooding rain is occurring in my neighborhood now winds 45 to 50 mph sustained with gusts as high as 65 mph.I was listening to the emergency bands on my smart phone app and there are at least 20 rescues going on of people trapped in their homes and cars. The eye is now less then 80 miles east of Atlantic City this will bring the storm in at 4:30 pm and arrive before the astrological high tide which peaks at 8:00 oclock this evening which is a little good news!! I have heard unofficial reports from the sheriffs office in my county that most of the shore towns are completely under water and that people are trapped in their homes and they are sorry they never left when they were ordered to by the Governor.In this radar image the outer eye wall band is about to make impact on the coast this is the prequel for the main event.
http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=DIX&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes batten down the hatches boys the show is about to begin.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
A couple of links.....

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/18L/flash-vis-long.html

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=DIX&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

This one is amazing it shows the source of fuel for this hurricane being directly tied to the Pacific ocean off the California coast. Parts of this storms features are spread thousands of miles across our continent from Mexico to the arctic circle this image says it all!!!.

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GSSLOOPS/ecwv.html

The hurricane is exploding like a bomb right now just off the coast of New Jersey

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The outer eye wall band is tearing up the board walks in a lot of communities,Margate,Ocean City,Sea Isle,Strathmere,Wildwood and Cape May are completely inundated with water. Here is the latest radar,the storm center is less the 70 miles from Atlantic City.From the National weather service in Mount Holly New Jersey the following warning Tornadoes and water spouts are a common occurrence with land falling hurricanes.There is an unconfirmed report of a Tornado near West Wildwood.
http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=DIX&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes
Get ready for the surge up to Staten Island!! I just had a wind reading of 71 mph outside my house,the highest yet!!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The inner eye wall is coming dangerously close to Atlantic City. less then 40 miles now. http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/floaters/18L/flash-vis-long.html

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
We are listening to the hurricane hunters which right now are flying through the center of the storm on the national weather service site,the storm still has an eye and pressure is maintaining at 940

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Steve/sewell

The storm is now moving 30 miles an hour,central pressure is down to 940 heavy rain is accompanying the outer eye wall bands. Flooding rain is occurring in my neighborhood now winds 45 to 50 mph sustained with gusts as high as 65 mph.I was listening to the emergency bands on my smart phone app and there are at least 20 rescues going on of people trapped in their homes and cars. The eye is now less then 80 miles east of Atlantic City this will bring the storm in at 4:30 pm and arrive before the astrological high tide which peaks at 8:00 oclock this evening which is a little good news!! I have heard unofficial reports from the sheriffs office in my county that most of the shore towns are completely under water and that people are trapped in their homes and they are sorry they never left when they were ordered to by the Governor.In this radar image the outer eye wall band is about to make impact on the coast this is the prequel for the main event.
http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=DIX&product=N0Z&overlay=11101111&loop=yes batten down the hatches boys the show is about to begin.

Honestly does it bring you pleasure that others are lossing maybe all they have? the shows gonna begin??? what kinda evil statement is that.. Should be more like hope god is with all the people who chose the wrong path or help all the people that maybe hurt or suffer great losses.. rather than thriving off of disaster and dispear...

epackage

Reaction score
I just watched some idiot jet skiing at Battery Park, I guess he's not too bright...SMFH... Some first responders are gonna have to risk their lives to save this A-hole...[:mad:]

Plumbata

Reaction score
John, I'm pretty sure that Steve isn't about that at all. He is hobbyist meteorologist and almost certainly is awestruck and fascinated by the forces of nature or God which are so powerful and uncontrollable relative to the abilities of mankind that they humble us like little else can. If he didn't care, he wouldn't work so hard to warn us here of the troubles coming our way.

And hell, I love big nasty storms that down trees and cause mayhem. When the winds are howling, rain coming down in buckets and branches and debris fly around I go outside and get soaked, relishing every moment that it is so clearly demonstrated that I am nothing; but a leaf in the wind, compared to the hugeness of everything external to me. I wouldn't wish such events upon anyone, but when they happen and I'm stuck in the middle, they really put me in my place relative to the vast power of the universe and make me appreciate what I have. Despite the destruction caused, they are representative of the vast and awesome power and complexity of the world around us, and aside from the suffering caused, if one takes a few steps back, the multitude of forces at play really create something of unmatched dynamic beauty. Fierce and dangerous, but still beautiful. We can drop nuclear bombs or engineer biological weapons that could kill millions, but even the best models can't definitively predict the weather. There is something pretty amazing about forces so powerful that they can wipe away our little, ignorant, insulated, anthropocentric perceptual constructs like a garden hose will annihilate an anthill.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583