Pontiled or no pontil ???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
Thanks Jimbo. When I struggle this much whether it's pontiled or not, I lean heavily on not as well. It's just a strange base on a crude early one that should have a different address. Figured after a couple years with the business they did, those old molds would wear out by then and would have the newer address adapted by then. Found one very similar to mine but slight mold variations. Mine has the squared apostrophe and lines under the abbreviated parts whereas the other similar ones have normal apostrophys and dots under the abbreviated parts. Only the 242 addressed ones have the lines rather than dots. So it is still different than most.......which is the cool factor for me.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Odd, it looks like the post part of the mold was sticking too far down and they took a tool and pressed the glass back up while in the snap case. A post blow adjustment ?

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cannibalfromhannibal

OK, firstly, I know what it is, but listing in pontils only category seemed like the place for a post to croak...

You seem to be right, and I don't understand why, unless maybe because it's so far down the forum listing page that many don't pay much attention? I always go there, only to see my last days old threadkilling post. Personally, I can't get enough of 'em. I would post more, but I don't have many. I dunno here, just thinking out loud...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR