Question regarding selling bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rcn72679

Reaction score
So hopefully I don't get shot for this...LOL...but how do ya'll sell your bottles, or what is the best way in your opinion? Honestly, I have no desire to keep what I find. The thrill for me is just finding them, learning about them, then gettin' rid of them. I don't have room in my house for them all. Thanks in advance!

Lynette

Reaction score
For me it depends on what I want to sell.........garage sale, ebay or rent a table at a local flea market. Another option is to list is here and see if anyone wants it.

If you find a real gem.........an antique dealer may also be an option.

rcn72679

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Lynette

For me it depends on what I want to sell.........garage sale, ebay or rent a table at a local flea market. Another option is to list is here and see if anyone wants it.

If you find a real gem.........an antique dealer may also be an option.

Thank you! Not the I have any real gems yet...LOL...but if I do ever find some, I'm just curious as to what ya'll do:) I may change my mind & keep them though! I go back & forth cuz right now, I have no clue where to display them.

Road Dog

Reaction score
Build Shelves. I have a ton of stuff too. I built shelves around the perimeter of each room about a foot or so from the ceiling just for pottery.

JGUIS

Reaction score
The first thing(and hardest) is to discipline yourself at the dump. Learn the common shapes, makers, etc. and pick a spot to toss them while digging. It lets future diggers know it's been dug when a foot down they run into a layer of 400 ketchups and 6000 amber crown beers and a 2006 cig pack. Sometimes if I have an up to date coin, I'll drop it in the hole. Once you get a "collection", some new finds will replace old ones. Depending on the piece, sell it being option 1, option 2 being finding someone that could be interested also in digging or collecting, and giving them the bottles they want, option 3 being recycling.[;)] I mainly collect ANYTHING from my home county. If it has a name or town from Perry county Ohio, it's mine and goes on the shelf. If there's no room, I take something from the "cool, but not local" section and depending on what it is, price it accordingly, and try it on Ebay. If not, it goes into "limbo" boxes till someone I know has a yardsale, or it gets relisted. Another thing was, anything I've been keeping that was cracked or chipped. When I find a whole piece that matches, the old one goes in the trash. Some of them I just take a pic of for reference, and pitch them. *That last part is where taking your camera digging, really pays off.*[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter