Question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

trussin

Reaction score
secret dough bait eh...a friend from pittsburgh told me to mix jello and dough. the giants corn worked better though. Joe b

Tony14

Reaction score
Never heard of that one, it sounds like some of the stuff for catfish that I have heard. I have seen people up here pulling out channel cats using big rusted out bolts for sinkers and used gum sprayed with WD-40(they say the gum has to be some type of spearmint). Its unbelievable what people will use for bait.

trussin

Reaction score
hey tony...what are the symbols under super member? Everyone seems to have a varying number of them.

trussin

Reaction score
I use cajun cooked shrimp for the catties. Just tie it on the hook with thread. Works every time.

Tony14

Reaction score
I'll have to try that one, if the cats run this year. It's been pretty dry the water is low. The cats might not run very solid by me this year. I don't want to try chicken liver again this year, last year I pulled out six snapping turtles. Thats always fun to unhook[:mad:].

I will take some pictures of walleye weekend, I think some people will enjoy those.

trussin

Reaction score
nothing special about the shrimp t. I just buy them cooked at the local food store. Around here thats an acme or iga. Wrap the crap out of it with thread and bam. i was fishing in the florida keys a couple of years ago and all of the locals were fishinf with shrimp like me but they didnt use thread. they never heard of it. the shrimp or liver will just keep gettin tugged off or other wise lost if you dont. You heard of thread up there right? Im in Nj

Tony14

Reaction score
I'll remember the thread for the shrimp. Thanks for the tip.
Hows the bass fishin in NJ?
Up in wisconsin the largemouth dont grow very fast but there there, and we have very good smallie fishin.

trussin

Reaction score
hate to sound like an old fart but the bass fishing used to better. 3.5 pounds for my biggest out of a farm pond. I guess the thread thing must be a local tradition. You will be as amazed as the folks in florida. Its so simple. I bet those three people told three people and so on and so on

Tony14

Reaction score
I cant really say anything about that because I am only 15. But as far as I know the Largemouth fishing has never been good in Wisconsin. Any bass over 21 inches is pretty much a trophy. Our state record is only 11 pounds!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
love fishing, we use to do a lot of fresh water fishing yellow perch, trout, what ever bites. doing mostly salt water fishing now, rock, hardhead, white perch now and sea trout in the fall. caught a 29" rock last fall. bought a very old house last summer to do away with a 2 hr drive to the eastern shore then a 2 hr drive back in the same day. got lucky, found where they had dump all their trash in the edge of the woods behind the house. i found my 1st pontiled bottle there. heading out tomorrow morning for 2 days of fishing and digging. we are about 1 1/2 miles from the bay. rhona

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen