Really Old Gillette Razor

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Alright I will, but tomorrow, I'm hitting the sack now. BTW, how exactly does a turtle "run away"??? Lol. And isn't a bear supposed to have a nose that's 5 times better than a hound dog? Couldn't you just sniff out where he went? ;-)

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Sleep well! And haw haw haw! My nose is stuffed with an untimely cold, and he hit the creek down to the lake I do believe. He got out of his pond, I am assuming climbed the fence, and ran like Yogi from Mister Ranger to the woods, and creek--ultimately, of course, the lake. 6 years and he up and runs away.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice old razor, that looks like an early one. Regarding the discussion of the virtues (or lack thereof) of this kind of razor, I gotta say that they are much more versatile than disposables, especially when they have the handle which adjusts the exposed edge when rotated. Granted, with the versatility comes increased risk of cuts/slices, but personally I've gotten the closest shaves using the oldschool razors. It's like the difference between plastic-handled safety scissors and well-machined, pointy imported Fiskars; provided you're not clumsy the latter will do a much better job, but if you're not interested in looking at what you're doing then the cheapo items will be a safer choice. My father bought a huge box of NOS 1960s 8-packs of blades off ebay in the late 90s for very cheap, with literally hundreds of 8-blade packs. At the time I calculated that it was something like a 110 year supply of blades if wastefully replaced every week. I do have rather thin and sparse facial hair and smooth skin though, so for my rather light needs it would probably be enough for 3 or 4 lifetimes. My Catholic priest drinking buddy saw mine and commented that they are "The Gentleman's Razor". Being the plebeian I am, it's wise not to disagree with a man of God. [:D]

LisaTammy

Reaction score
I didn't think Bears shaved. No wonder even 5 blades can't get through your coat though.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Called a werebear. People think that too cute, for some reason. So, mainly I'm just a bear.
bear_waving.jpg

Reaction score
Hey Spirit, here's the marble I found yesterday that I promised a pic of.

Attachments

• 406b0205b10e485db413bec5e593ca3c.jpg
    406b0205b10e485db413bec5e593ca3c.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 77

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem