Really Old Gillette Razor

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Mercenary, not a bad one. I found a similar piece with more colour once... I lost most of my marbles. Looks like an older one. People in the marble's area here might be able to tell you something on it (albeit all they tell me is to get a book!) Check out this marble (no, I do not own it but some day intend to!) It's a German handmade sulphide marble with Standing Bear (Yes, I named him already. Heh heh.) Osia, do you have a beard!?
BearSulphide-1.jpg

Reaction score
Lol, they tell you that because they probably don't really know much either. How can you tell them apart?? That marble is pretty sweet though, I'd love to have one with a bear or any animal in it.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
The older generation around here has said, "We played with those when we were kids," if I showed them something I found. So, I've learned to tell when it's before the '60s (usually) from them. Sadly mostly they're not here anymore (be them not on this World or moved away to greener pastures.) A marble book on 1950s on marbles would benefit us both, both I still haven't been able to get down to my local library (I have a card, but it's vanished!) so no time soon will I be able to say more than, "I like your marble," and "You gonna fix up that razor to shave with?" Is a blade still in it?

Reaction score
I don't know if there's a blade in it still, but I need to give it a WD-40 bath and see. Its a pretty nice one too, its heavy for such a small razor. I need it to work though, ill have a beard in no time if it doesn't, haha.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
I'M WITH YOU OSIA..I HAVEN'T SHAVED SINCE I WENT ON DISABILITY BACK IN 83 . MY WIFE HATES IT ,,BUT I HATED SHAVING EVEN MORE .

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well all yuou shavers, I used to use Gilet but my grandson told me about a razor he uses and they are unbelievable. Collar Shave Club, iNC. 1200 World Wide Blvd. Hebron KY, 41048 They are a low priced success in my world - they last three of four days longer and cost half as much aw Gillet. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4