Recent diving finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Chris,
Nice stuff! I can't believe that you leave all of those torpedo bottles! I've never found one while diving (although I do find the rounded bottom bottles from time to time). Once, I found an area that had literally hundreds of the same crown sodas. I took the first dozen or two and then I started looking at them and said 'justify me taking you'. If it was a different color or crude or really minty, I'd take it. The rest I chucked over my shoulder. I think I left with about 30 or 40 of them. [:D]

ChrisP1

Reaction score
Hey Bob,
It's all relative. If you found 100 of anything you would have to/want to leave most of them. That's just the way it is. When we just had one or two torpedos each...they were a big deal! Now, as you say, there has to be a reason for us to keep them. I made the mistake of trading away one embossed blue soda bottle (found under a house) for what I thought were "rare" round bottoms to complete my collection at the time (about two months ago). It turns out these are the same bottles I don't even pick up anymore. Now I have to trade something even better to get it back!

Another way to look at it is it is nice to leave something around for the next person who might swim by to pick up...say 50 years from now.

adshepard

Reaction score
hris,

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another bottle diver.

I hit the old steamship wharves up in Maine for my finds. Where are you hitting? Old wharves, wrecks or something else?

Alan

Sodasandbeers

Reaction score
I've been trying to nail down the city the Davenport bottle is from with no luck. Since Greenport had a ferry and rail lines going to it and was a transportation center, the bottle could have come from anywhere.

Has anyone one dug one of these or shards in a privy or dump?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26