Recent diving finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
Some neat stuff there ChrisP1, shows what is lying around under the water. Ever want to see some local pottery, let me know, have a bunch.

sandchip

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ChrisP1

Sorry about the picture size...will get it right next time!

No problem here, I just backed up into the next room and they looked fine![:D] Killer neck and top on the D.G. & K.!

ChrisP1

Reaction score
[/quote]
ORIGINAL: sandchip

Sorry about the picture size...will get it right next time!

No problem here, I just backed up into the next room and they looked fine![:D] Killer neck and top on the D.G. & K.!

Very funny Jimbo!....I was mortified when I saw how big the pics were. It was interesting that they're not that big when I viewed the post on my phone...still big, but not as bad as on the computer screen. I have a huge monitor so they come out like poster sized in my desktop.

ChrisP1

Reaction score
Hey Mark,
We've actually crossed paths before...maybe once in person at a pottery talk in Huntington and definitely over the phone and via email (?). I'm the one working on the Greenport Pottery site. I assume you've slowed down in the greenhouse for the time being? I should try and swing by at some point before you get busy again.

ChrisP1

Reaction score
Hey Oldihtractor...I did stumble on that site while researching the D. G. & K. bottle thanks. All of these were found on the east end in Gardiners Bay between the north and south forks on the East End as you know.

Potatoes used to be king out here...now many of the farms are converting over to wineries. Those that have not cater more to the farm stand and pumpkin picking crowd (the latter has been dubbed "Agritainment"). Anything is better than more houses!

creeper71

Reaction score

Hey Oldihtractor...I did stumble on that site while researching the D. G. & K. bottle thanks.  All of these were found on the east end in Gardiners Bay between the north and south forks on the East End as you know.

Potatoes used to be king out here...now many of the farms are converting over to wineries.  Those that have not cater more to the farm stand and pumpkin picking crowd (the latter has been dubbed "Agritainment").  Anything is better than more houses!
Agree with the farmland opinion... Around here the farmers are either getiing lazy or Greedy... Countless mid 1800's houses that was structurely safe have been torn down for Ryan house devolopments...

baltbottles

Reaction score
My real passion has been local redware of which I have a huge collection of mostly restored pieces from under local homes.

Would love to see some pictures of your local redware. As Local redware (Baltimore area) is one of my main passions as well.

Chris

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
As a farmer in these time you have to take advantage of that building boom flowers agritainmebt etc.. makes for a nice way to make a living.. I have many tractor collecting buddies up there spend a lot of time out on sound ave.. it's a nice place if you can get past the city.. the sod farms are pretty big up there too delea has a big farm next to me down here in nj also..

ChrisP1

Reaction score
Yes, it is very nice out here and yes there are several sod farms, but that is mostly towards Riverhead and west. I grew up on the south fork in the Hamptons, but I really don't like it down there...

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
That Davenport & Co. soda is a really nice one. It's definitely worth a couple hundred in that condition.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26