Recent pickups - Early American glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tncgal

Reaction score
Meech,

I'll check my EAPG books for these ~ may take a few days, as there are several to peruse.

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Whiskey - It's okay to miss some posts, but not mine. [:D] That's pretty funny...I was talking about items that I picked up then, not pickup trucks.

Sean - Yes, I got them for a bit under $200. I had several picked out and on the counter and was only going to buy the toilet water. Then my wife said " If you're not going to buy that shaker bottle then I will." Sounded perfect to me! So I picked out a stoneware bottle to add to my purchase.

The shop owner travels many times a year to the New England area and buys a lot of early pieces. He'll be back sometime this weekend with more and better pieces. We already have a trip planned back to this shop. I had my eye on a nice scent bottle last time I was there and hope to get it too.

tncgal - They are both blown 3 mold. They are close, but not the same as those mentioned above in American Glass. Take your time researching these, 'cause I'm in no hurry and don't go outta your way.

I thank everyone for their replies and help.

David E

Reaction score
Mass Money here, I have only been able to find one, but had to look close to see AMU (something like that anyway
a repo but they marked them all. American Univercity of history and industry (Or something, been a while back)

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi David E -
I really don't understand your reply. Are you saying these are repros? If so, could you post the source?

You also mention markings, how were the ones you described marked? By a sticker?

The ones pictured above have typical base wear from that era (very hard to photograph). I have my doubts about them being repros.

David E

Reaction score
Hey Meech, "no" I don't think they are repo's. Blown three mould is pricey and very hard to find. I just mentioned the piece I had to claim tha't the closest and probally was lucky enough to have just found a Repo. Mine was not made to fool somebody, it was just a education piece and there was no problem seeing the lettering
on it. It was a small picture with the geometric pattern in green.
Sorry if I wrote that first message up and it was confusing, just wanted to tell you that you were very lucky and skilled

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi David E -
Thanks for replying again on this. You had me really worried and pounding the books around here. Buying these in the shop is even harder. Before I rinsed them off, they were thick with dirt and grime. That makes it hard to see wear and other clues.

Blown three mould is pricey and very hard to find.
I completely agree. I was over excited, to say the least, looking at items in this place. I hope to get some good pieces this weekend.

Thanks for the kind words also.

tncgal

Reaction score
Meech, I'm making some progress. I've found a few that are really close and will post pictures this week. Meanwhile, I'm waiting to hear about the goodies you bought this weekend. :)

Cliff, I have a pretty good match for yours also, and will post that as well.

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi tncgal,

Thanks for looking will watch posts to see what you come up with for info. I have several other clear cosmetic/perfume type bottles, some pontils some not. Thanks again.

Cliff

tncgal

Reaction score
Meech, I didn't forget you. :)
I haven't reached a definitive ID, but have a few close prospects to show you from Boston & Sandwich. The 1st is a qt. mold blown decanter in a rare ribbed pattern.

Om34478.jpg

Attachments

• Om34478.jpg
    Om34478.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 62

tncgal

Reaction score
These are vinegar bottles.

Ec89396.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89396.jpg
    Ec89396.jpg