Recent pickups - Early American glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Whiskeyman,

Suppose that is always a possibility. Still think it is a keeper for my 25 cent investment. Still keeping the tag with it, shows you can find bargins even at antique mall stores. Everything in that booth was half price. Thanks.

Cliff

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
THANKS tncgal -
I'd love to know what book(s) the first photos are from. 'Vinegar' bottles - I'm not so sure about that. That photo of four, the second one in from the right, looks very close to the "toilet water". I know that there aren't that many blown 3 mold shakers w/ that drapery on them.

Sorry, but I've been extremely busy getting ready for our bottle show... to answer your question a while back... I went back to the shop and there wasn't many new items in there to choose from. I did buy the early scent that was there from the past trip. I'll post pics after our show sometime. He brought back some 3 ring decanters and some early B&S candlestick holders, but I passed on them. I can't collect everything.[:D] I did hit another shop on the way back and picked up a teal demijohn and some bottles for resale.

Thanks again for your time. These aren't that easy to research, are they?

tncgal

Reaction score
Meech, all these pictures came from Sandwich Glass Handbook, by Ruth Webb Lee, c. 1939. The caption under *Plate 35* (her book doesn't have page numbers) reads Group of Blown Molded Vinegar bottles in varying shades of blue ~ Collection of the author.

I'm still looking for the drapery, especially in my pressed glass pattern books, as it may be part of a known table pattern. Maybe I'll find it while looking for something else, which is usually what happens. That's what I like about EAPG; just enough to make it interesting while driving you nuts!

I like 3 Ring decanters and Bar Lip decanters. I have a Bar Lip with 4-5 bands/rings around the lower 2/3's and heavy round pontil that must be European, but it isn't in my books. Hopefully, one day ......

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Thanks again tncgal -
Believe it or not, they have that book at our, new with few books, library.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229