Schmidt Coke Museum Auction

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
~ CONTEST ~

Unless the thread starter, "sodapops" or the administration have objections they wish to express, I would like to conduct a contest to make the Coca Cola protoype bottle auction a little more fun and interesting. So if there are any objections or policies against it, please post them here soon and I will not procede further. Otherwise, here's how the contest will work ...

Note: Consider this statement as my "100% Guarantee" that the prize will be awarded to the winner, and that this is not some type of scam. Signed ... SODAPOPBOB

General Rules:

1. Each participant is allowed only one entry.
2. Entries must be posted prior to the exact time of the closing of the auction.
3. This contest involves the prototype bottle only and not the drawing.
4. Any entry that is higher than the actual selling price will be considered non-winners.

Entries:

1. Post what you think the Coca Cola prototype bottle will sell for.
2. Entries must be in whole dollar amounts such as $150.00 and not cents such as $150.50 cents.
3. If you accidently enter an amount that has already been posted, yours will be considered void. But
you will be allowed a second entry if it is done prior to the closing of the auction.
4. Entries can be for any amount, but please try to avoid posting an amount that is only a few dollars
higher or lower than one already posted. Although this is not a rule, whenever possible please try
and keep your entry at least $100.00 higher or lower than one already posted. This will make it easier
and more fun to determine a true winner.

The Winner:

1. The closest entry posted prior to the closing of the auction, that is not higher than the actual selling
price, will be considered the winner. If your entry is higher that the actual selling price, it will be
considered void.

The Prize:

1. The winner will be instructed to select any soda bottle (or any item of his or her choice) from e-bay
that does not exceed $25.00, which includes shipping. The prize must be selected from the "Buy It
Now" choices on e-bay. For example: "Buy It Now" soda bottle @ $15.00 - Plus $10.00 Shipping
~ would equal $25.00. If insurance is requested, it must be paid by the winner.

2. The winner will need let me know of his/her selection and then provide me with a proper ship to
address. I will then purchase the item from e-bay and arrange to have it shipped "directly" to the
winner. (My brother and I do this often for birthdays and Christmas, and it works great).

I can't think of anything else to add at this time. So unless there are objections that "sodapops" or the administration wish to express, let the entries begin! I will monitor the entries and do ocassional updates. But it will also be necessary for participants to try and keep track of things so as not to enter an amount that has already been posted. I am exempt from participating.

This is my way of saying "Thank You" to everyone on this forum who have been helpful to me in the past and have made me feel like a true member of the soda bottle collecting "Family."

Sincerely,

SODAPOPBOB

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
I'm in, but perhaps you should open up a new thread dedicated to this contest?

ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

~ CONTEST ~

Unless the thread starter, "sodapops" or the administration have objections they wish to express, I would like to conduct a contest to make the Coca Cola protoype bottle auction a little more fun and interesting. So if there are any objections or policies against it, please post them here soon and I will not procede further. Otherwise, here's how the contest will work ...

Note: Consider this statement as my "100% Guarantee" that the prize will be awarded to the winner, and that this is not some type of scam. Signed ... SODAPOPBOB

General Rules:

1. Each participant is allowed only one entry.
2. Entries must be posted prior to the exact time of the closing of the auction.
3. This contest involves the prototype bottle only and not the drawing.
4. Any entry that is higher than the actual selling price will be considered non-winners.

Entries:

1. Post what you think the Coca Cola prototype bottle will sell for.
2. Entries must be in whole dollar amounts such as $150.00 and not cents such as $150.50 cents.
3. If you accidently enter an amount that has already been posted, yours will be considered void. But
you will be allowed a second entry if it is done prior to the closing of the auction.
4. Entries can be for any amount, but please try to avoid posting an amount that is only a few dollars
higher or lower than one already posted. Although this is not a rule, whenever possible please try
and keep your entry at least $100.00 higher or lower than one already posted. This will make it easier
and more fun to determine a true winner.

The Winner:

1. The closest entry posted prior to the closing of the auction, that is not higher than the actual selling
price, will be considered the winner. If your entry is higher that the actual selling price, it will be
considered void.

The Prize:

1. The winner will be instructed to select any soda bottle (or any item of his or her choice) from e-bay
that does not exceed $25.00, which includes shipping. The prize must be selected from the "Buy It
Now" choices on e-bay. For example: "Buy It Now" soda bottle @ $15.00 - Plus $10.00 Shipping
~ would equal $25.00. If insurance is requested, it must be paid by the winner.

2. The winner will need let me know of his/her selection and then provide me with a proper ship to
address. I will then purchase the item from e-bay and arrange to have it shipped "directly" to the
winner. (My brother and I do this often for birthdays and Christmas, and it works great).

I can't think of anything else to add at this time. So unless there are objections that "sodapops" or the administration wish to express, let the entries begin! I will monitor the entries and do ocassional updates. But it will also be necessary for participants to try and keep track of things so as not to enter an amount that has already been posted. I am exempt from participating.

This is my way of saying "Thank You" to everyone on this forum who have been helpful to me in the past and have made me feel like a true member of the soda bottle collecting "Family."

Sincerely,

SODAPOPBOB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
UJ ~

Thanks. I may start a new thread as you suggest. But first let's see what "sodapop's" and the administration's responses are.

Important Note:

I am changing one "Major Rule." Entries MUST be entered by ...

Midnight Eastern Time ~ November 30, 2011

(Entries of December 1st or later will be voided)

This will eliminate last minute entries that would have a better idea of the actual selling price!

SPBOB

JeffDean

Reaction score
Hi Uncle Jarvis,

Actually, better yet, there is only one other known 1915 contour Coca-Cola prototype bottle. It's owned by the Coca-Cola Company and is on display at Word of Coca-Cola Museum in Atlanta. As for the sketch, of coarse there is only one, of which I would think would be worth more than the bottle.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
No prob. SPBOB I think its a cool idea

JeffDean : Thanks for that bit on info on the proto. I plan on being a serious bidder on this auction. for the bottle at least [8D]

JeffDean

Reaction score
I wish there was an edit feature on this blog. In my last post, I meant, World of Coca-Cola...which I'm sure you could probably figure out...lol.

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
There is an edit feature, top bar of each post next to reply,quote,and fwd. but I believe it expires within 5 min of posting and it can only be done once per post.

ORIGINAL: JeffDean

I wish there was an edit feature on this blog. In my last post, I meant, World of Coca-Cola...which I'm sure you could probably figure out...lol.

JeffDean

Reaction score
@ Uncle Jarvis. Thanks, I'll have to look out for it next time.

acls

Reaction score
My guess is $75,000 for the bottle.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I may be exempt from the contest, but if I were a billionaire I would be willing to pay $One-Million+ for the Coca Cola prototype bottle. Seriously! Just think of it's rarity factor ... only two known examples! The person who wins the bottle will likely do so as an investment and not just as a simple collectible. But the problem I see, is there is nothing to compare it to in recent times. So who can say for certain what it's worth?

Take for example the upcoming auction for a "Action Comics" No.1 (1st appearence of Superman) that was recently graded by the CGC Company at 9.0. Which is highest known grade of this particular comic book. Speculation is all over the place, with estimates as high as $2,000.000. A CGC 8.5 sold last year for an unprecedented $1.5 Million.

My point being ... I honestly believe there are more Coca Cola enthusiast in the world than there are Comic Book enthusiast. Thus, if the prototype bottle auction has been advertised properly and is well enough known, I expect it will cause millionaire investors to start coming out of the woodwork toward the close of the auction. So please keep this in mind when posting your entries for the contest.

By the way ... if you are interested in following the "Action Comics" No.1 CGC 9.0 auction, here is a link. The auction opens on November 14th and closes on November 30th, 2011. I am also including a link which tells the story about how the comic may once have belonged to actor Nicolas Cage, but was stolen back in 2000, and just recently recovered. Check them out! Very interesting reads.

SPBOB

Nicolas Cage Story:[/align]http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/10/10/is-the-nicolas-cage-copy-of-action-comics-1-about-to-become-the-first-2000000-comic/[/align][/align]

Comic Connect Auction: [/align]http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=432101&enlarge=1[/align][/align]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229