SEARS & ROEBUCK

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lepew62

Reaction score
I found this the other day while digging around. I was wondering if anyone might know what it was once attached to. It is 5 1/2" across, center opening is 2 3/4". It has 4 ears where bolts once went. Reads Sears & Roebuck Chicago Ill. I was thinking it might have been a stove piece. Was wondering if any of you had a suggestion. I was thinking of getting it sand blasted. I was thinking it might make the name stand out a little more. I do not think all the rust can be taken off. What do the rest of ya think.

45EBD3629E8049E3A3C7D94D5BDE005F.jpg

Attachments

• 45EBD3629E8049E3A3C7D94D5BDE005F.jpg
    45EBD3629E8049E3A3C7D94D5BDE005F.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 65

TJSJHART

Reaction score
it's all according to what you want to do with it? after sand blasting it you might need to treat it so rust doesn't come back . i got a dutch oven from this neighbor once who used it for a planter . had it blasted and the pit's in it were bad . i seasoned it in an oven and gave it to a boy scout troop . they were happy . and i did my good deed for the year.

haelix

Reaction score
Back in the day the Sears and Roebuck catalog sold about everything, barns, houses,clothes. I think you could order a wife from them If you tried, they were the original Google,
As far as cleaning it , I am a welder and know rust. start with wd-40 and a wire grill brush. If you have a 4 inch grinder use a wire wheel and be careful use eye protection. when you have it completely clean set it someplace hot about 90-130 degrees, that will dry the moisture out of the iron, you can then season it or prep for paint. ( you cant do both)
To season it use some cooking oil ( lard, corn ,olive...) and place it in the oven at 350 for 3 hours, then it should look nice and black like a cast iron pan.
To prep for paint, after warming it for a few hours let it cool and wash with white vinegar , let dry and primer and paint.
Should last a lifetime.

LC

Reaction score
I grew up in a Sears and Roebuck house , it was bought and erected in 1927 . Each piece was numbered as to where it went on the blueprint that came with it .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson