SHOW YOUR FAVORITE HUTCH!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, Thats a cool looking hutch. Congrats. LEON.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have only two Hutchison type of bottles. I never got into them - but the two I have, I kept because of their bottle mysteries. The oldest one was hand blown with a hand tooled blob top finish that iw about a half inch wide with a straight neck tooled 1/6th inch below it. The bottle has a football oval patch plate that has upper and lower curved embossed with "/ T.C.COLE " on the top and a reverse curved embossed "/ WATKINS, N.Y. " on the bottom. The Cole drug store had been in business for several years. One bottle mystery is, that there are no mold seams. So this means that it was made in a turn mold - but I don't know how the hell that can be because the bottle is embossed. However the are vertical lines in the glass from the turning, that curve to the left as they approach the shoulder. Even so one can see the faint mold seams if you look at the reduced intensity of the marks. The bottom also has a pontil marking on the bottom. So the whole thing has made great quewtions about how it was made.The other one is also a hand tooled blob top with the normal height to the blob. It has no mold seams at all that are visible. In fact the glass is crystal clear with some little bubbles. The bottom heal radius shows a faint mold seam up about an eighth of an inch. The embossing is a in two straight lines, vertical and spaced with "/ C.H.WOODBURY ? Co. ". The second line under that has; "/ BEVERLY , MASS. ". The ? mark in the first name line, is another bottle mystery. Because in that location there are six faint little circles with three faint lines in them that look like three pie cuts. I have to conclude that these were made the end of a mold makers punch, that he used to bluff out a mistake of letter cutting. Just interesting bottles to show and tell about. RED Matthews

hemihampton

Reaction score
Another new Favorite Hutch. Dug this one today in a Privy. LEON.

Attachments

• a9f9c2b33b0f41c984cf7c54e94853e7.jpg
    a9f9c2b33b0f41c984cf7c54e94853e7.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 78

wmccubb

Reaction score
This may be a silly question. What is the piece of metal in some of these hutch bottles I am seeing on here? I have one that has this same metal piece inside of it. Thanks guys

ACLbottles

Reaction score
wmccubb said:
This may be a silly question. What is the piece of metal in some of these hutch bottles I am seeing on here? I have one that has this same metal piece inside of it. Thanks guys
It's the stopper that was used to seal the bottle.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Question pertaining to the stopper: I have three Hutches. Two have a stopper that sits in nicely. One has a stopper that is so tight it won't move and has damaged the mouth. Why?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday