So what gives you the eebie-jeebies?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
I don't mind snakes, spiders and most insects but I hate those big, southern cockroaches that fly. They are the American Cockroach, sometimes called a waterbug, and they get up to 1 1/2 inches....I don't even like writing about them!!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yuck! We have these tiny bugs here, with two pincers that look like a Scorpion. Joe looked them up and I forget what he found. Maybe I just didn't want to remember. Bugs always creep me out. If I ever see a spider, I call Joe to get it!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

Wow, I'm sure glad we don't have those guys around here... [:eek:]

There's these big, weird looking cave crickets in my dump. I know they're harmless, but when one is sitting silently, waiting for the perfect moment to strike, it makes me a bit jumpy... They jump straight to the face if you get too close... [:-]
You find a dead body a few months back yet cave crickets scare you, I find that very funny for some reason buddy....[8D]

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

While digging that is!

I totally can't handle these things... yuke!

I hate when you're digging and they fall out of the roots..[:'(]

This ones about 6 inches long.

F15E10C7E32B4165B15801B205D0BC1B.jpg
We have a much smaller version of them around here[8|]-----creepy crawlers[8D]

bostaurus

Reaction score
I was only 4-5 years old when we lived in Hawaii but I still remember my mom telling us about the centipedes and warning us to stay away from them. I even remember that the little girl across the street ended up in the hospital when one bit her. I never did see on but I guess the whole thing made an impression on me.

madman

Reaction score
i hate yellow jackets and poisonous spiders, ive got digs lined up that i cant dig, cause every time them dang bees smell fresh dirt they swam me lol,ha ha not for long!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Wasps and hornets bother more than those big 'ol centipedes. They are over on our side of the Island, too, and I find them when cleaning up the vegetation. How about those big cane spiders? They are harmless, but scare the crap out of those who haven't seen 'em before.
CIMG1504.jpg

ktbi

Reaction score
I remember a Magnum PI episode where he was bitten by one of them and got real sick. I've seen a few of them up to maybe 10 inches long and they easily give me the creeps. We have a Vinegaroon in the desert. Looks creepy, and also goes by the name of Whip Scorpion. Mostly harmless but can give a good bite (pinch actually) and I know people who have had bad reactions. I don't like these either....Ron

[align=right] [/align]

4F32B87B16864C34ACEDA194F879BFA7.jpg

Attachments

• 4F32B87B16864C34ACEDA194F879BFA7.jpg
    4F32B87B16864C34ACEDA194F879BFA7.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 71

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

While digging that is!

I totally can't handle these things... yuke!

I hate when you're digging and they fall out of the roots..[:'(]

This ones about 6 inches long.

F15E10C7E32B4165B15801B205D0BC1B.jpg
you mean you didnt eat him?!?...........it looks like peaches & cream flavored!!.......[8|][8|][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][:D][:D]

Jim

Reaction score
That thing is nasty-looking [&:] I'm not a fan of centipedes or millipedes. The year after I bought my house, we had a millipede invasion in our basement. You literally could not step anywhere down there without crunching about a dozen of them. Not that I had any problem with killing the things, but they absolutely REEK when you crush them. I tried a few fogger bombs without much success. 150 bucks to the Orkin man, and he eradicated the miserable creatures. They haven't been back since (7 years), so the Orkin Man rocks!

My worst digging nemesis has been the little ground-dwelling yellow jackets in dumps. One of them stung me right on the tip of the nose once, creating an instant burst of sneezing, eye watering and profanity [:mad:] I watch out for snakes, too, but fortunately don't see too many. ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause