So what gives you the eebie-jeebies?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
yeah,we had a centipede invasion last year...............if you lifted the dogs water bowls there would be a big mass of then................id grab a big rock and Bombs Away!!![8D]...........and they do smell terrible[:'(][:'(]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Super corny music, but this thing would scare the you know what out of me, if I saw it. It does look similar to a basking shark, so maybe it's harmless. An interesting scientific discovery, nonetheless.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Yuck! We have these tiny bugs here, with two pincers that look like a Scorpion. Joe looked them up and I forget what he found. Maybe I just didn't want to remember. Bugs always creep me out. If I ever see a spider, I call Joe to get it!

I think your talking about "Earwigs" "Ear wigs" something like that.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I don't think she means earwigs.. I've seen big 2 in long burrowing insects with lobster-style claws ..I don't know what they're called, though.. anyway, I am with the crowd who can't handle bees, yellowjackets, wasps, and hornets.. try hanging out with them on top of a 28 foot extension ladder.. [:-]

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I don't think she means earwigs.. I've seen big 2 in long burrowing insects with lobster-style claws ..I don't know what they're called, though.. anyway, I am with the crowd who can't handle bees, yellowjackets, wasps, and hornets.. try hanging out with them on top of a 28 foot extension ladder.. [:-]

Yeah, that's what I mean. I can't take bees of any kind, either.

carobran

Reaction score
if theres one thing i cant stand its spiders[:eek:][:'(][:'(]...............id rateher have bees and wasps then spiders any day[8|]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Rocky,
Here's one of the centipedes we have. Certainly not dangerous but they are creepy.

Laur - Those camel spiders are amazing. Just one more thing the guys over there have to deal with.

C9B10B80B933453A93014659F512A10D.jpg

Attachments

• C9B10B80B933453A93014659F512A10D.jpg
    C9B10B80B933453A93014659F512A10D.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 84

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

I suppose that once they reach a foot long you'd better worry that they might 'take a leg'. [:D]

Now I got to tell you a story.

The south eastern side of the Island is pretty dry. We used to do a lot of night fishing when the moon and winds are just right. One night the fish were biting good
but the ocean was ruff. Around 2100 it starts to rain. So what happens is the centipedes come out. Next think you know I'm running around with hundreds of them crawling everywhere. I had to hide between the pounding surf and the centipedes. What a nightmare that was![&:]

AAAHHHHH The pleasures of being an outdoors man in paradise.

PD

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause