Some River Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
[attachment=P1012359.JPG]GIII-4 and an applied lip cathedral pepper sauce.

Attachments

• cab5d39f83074254bd5379332ac47e79.jpg
    cab5d39f83074254bd5379332ac47e79.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 73

hemihampton

Reaction score
WOW, That's some killer Finds. Congrats. LEON.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Those, indeed, are two super finds. Scott

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Yo sand pontil, excellent flask! How's about a little story behind the finds. Where you digging on the side of a river or lake, diving, wading, etc. what part of the country/what waterway did you find these? Can we see more of the flask, please? What about the pepper sauce? Have one similar made by Root Glass. Please, a few more photos if you don't mind. Let me make some popcorn first!

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
Diving a river in Massachusetts. Both pieces have their problems. The flask has a medium spider-web crack on the cornucopia side and a small hole the size of a dime on the urn side with a little cracking but its all there which is nice. They were both found at what I guess would have been the edge of a farm field and there were piles of rocks tossed in as well so I'm surprised the flask survived as well as it did. The pepper sauce has lots of sand-blasted looking wear as does the flask. Much sand in the river here with enough current to cause this damage. Interesting little pepper sauce compared to others Ive handled. Seems smaller, windows are very crisp, has the usual door and the back panel is blank with a window above. No markings. I was looking for insulators actually and stumbled upon these. Did get a few insulators but they were common...a couple aqua Brookfield tolls and I think a NET&T 104.

botlguy

Reaction score
I can tell you, as a former flask collector, that that flask, in pure amber, no green in it, is NOT common. Worth keeping as a found example. Congratulations, thanks for sharing. Jim

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up Sand pontil. I think the flask is still a great display piece. There is likely more goodies in that area. Wishing you continued success.

JBC

Reaction score
Nice finds!We need to dig together soon Jim!!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
This is really a test of our computer hook up with the network. I just posted a message and when I wenback to make a file copu of it - it was gone. RED M.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75