SS Coke with label

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnN

Reaction score
Found this ss Coke, with label the other day. I didn't post, because I didn't want to draw attention to it in case I bid. Now it's out of my price range, and I bet it will keep going. Nice Coke with a good label. http://www.ebay.com/itm/120992072531?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Plumbata

Reaction score
Good thing that you dropped out of the bidding, because that is a dug bottle with presumably a fake label added far more recently than the era when such labels were actively used. It looks nice and obviously has tricked a number of people already so don't worry about it, but there is no way that it is the real deal.

JohnN

Reaction score
I had a feeling the label wasn't real, but I wasn't sure. And I knew that if it went for a low price and I didn't bid I would have hated myself. This is just like at a bottle show I recently went to. I saw a SS Coke, and just kept walking. But I knew they were worth some money, so I had to go back. Too bad the guy selling it also knew they were worth some money. He wanted $175 for it.

AlexD

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this. This is also the seller who makes the purple bottles with UV lights and lists them as '' EARLY RARE".

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
not just one but two labelled cokes...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/COCA-COLA-EARLY-1900s-STRAIGHT-SIDE-with-LABEL-BEAUTIFUL-LIGHT-GREEN-BOTTLE-COKE-/120995158129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bdf9871

JohnN

Reaction score
Now that I look closer, unless I am missing it, the bottle doesn't even have Coca Cola embossed on it. So that bottle is probably an amber slick with a fake label, and someone is willing to pay a pretty penny to get ripped off. Glad I didn't bid.

sandchip

Reaction score
On that amber one, how the hell did a paper label survive on a bottle that was obviously buried for a hundred years? Duh!

JohnN

Reaction score
I just noticed that it is a private listing. Things that make you wonder...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1