Today was a good day for a swim...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

amblypygi

Reaction score
I found it! It's listed in Covill's (C-996) and the bottom line reads "New Brighton, PA". I still can't read that on mine, but I'll take their word for it :)

Lordbud

Reaction score
I've never found anywhere near a whole bottle on a creek bottom or river bottom out here in California. Fast moving water and rocks tend to break glass items into pieces.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
From pages 3 & 4

Marion Shiveley was born in Bridgewater, Pennsylvania, in 1878, the son of George W. and Lida Arbuckle Shiveley. His father was a brickmaker, and Marion began working as a “wedger†at the Fallston Pottery near Beaver, Pennsylvania at the age of twelve or so. Two years later, he began turning ink bottles at the Enterprise Pottery in nearby New Brighton. He recalled that he worked four full weeks before producing an acceptable bottle; ultimately he made as many as 450 a day at a penny a piece, although he had to pay his wedger 50 cents from his own pocket. In1900 Shiveley began working at Knowles, Taylor and Knowles’ pottery in East Liverpool, Ohio, where he turned the snake-handled half-pint and pint whiskey jugs used by Meredith and other distillers and now highly collectible. Then he moved to the Homer Laughlin Plant 3 in the east end of East Liverpool, where he became a jiggerman and in 1917 a foreman in the clay shop. He continued at Homer Laughlin until his retirement in 1953.

Clark Kent is on page 1 - check it out! I missed that Antiquenut! LOL[:D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I really dig his "swirlware".. that's groovy stuff!!!

amblypygi

Reaction score
That's so cool, that bottle just got about 1000 times more personality thanks to that article. Thanks very much for posting that link, that was great.

Sean

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960