Two nice Australian Codd bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I don't yet have any, knocked back a pair a little while ago (too expensive) but have not seen any for sale since, may have to go for a dig in Rochy [;)] .

Pretty sure there is nothing in my collection with a Roo TM, no Codds for sure. I will have a look anyway as soon as I can get into the bottle room again (too busy the next few days and have a wedding on the weekend (not mine [;)] )

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
There's even an English codd with a 'roo trademark - I guess the company must have had some connection with Australia. Maybe family. It's an early amber narrow neck - one of the most sought after British codds!
DBD

venusta15

Reaction score
Hi Andyf.
Irish is correct, the Stokes (Bunbury) is a deep amethyst. Not many Western Australian Codds I know have enough manganese in the glass to turn the bottle purple. The photo really doesn't do the bottle justice! It's a ripper!
There is one BIC (Broome Ice Company) amethyst but I have not found one yet.
For the other members, Coolgardie (where the bottle was found) is about 300 km east of Perth, and Bunbury is about 200km south of Perth, on the coast.
I actually now reside in Broome, about 2000 km north of Perth! (where digging this time of year is no fun- 110F in the shade and 80% humidity. Funny reading the threads on the poor N. American diggers getting snowed in !!).
Best wishes

Mike

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
G'day

Despite the numbers of kangaroos up here in Queensland, there were only a few manufacturers who used "kangaroo" trademarks:

McConachy/Longreach Marble (NO examples!)
Beard/Sandgate Lamont (one in last Lancaster Auction sold for $1800!)
Webb/Ipswich Lamont (NO examples known!)
Summers/Charters Towers (range of bottles, including Hybrid - all fairly rare; a good marble example went for $700 in last Lancaster Auction)
Summers & Goodhough/Charters Towers (range of bottles, including Hybrid - all fairly rare)

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

TROG

Reaction score
HERE IS A MANGER & O,NEIL ECHUCA AND ROCHESTER CODD
[
dscn3300.jpg

IRISH

Reaction score
That's a nice shiny example of one Trog [:)] , a lot of them are pretty scruffy.
They are a great looking bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1