Uncommon variation?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Hey everybody I know the Maltine is very common, but this one looks different than the ones I've seen. Has almost a ladys leg style to neck, also it is larger than the common one I always seen the lip is different also. I dug this in a privy in a small town, a doctor lived on this lot during the turn of century. Any info would be great.

Josh

Db84557.jpg

Attachments

• Db84557.jpg
    Db84557.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 94

IRISH

Reaction score
I've never seen that type before and we get a lot of Maltine's here (is there anywhere you don't ? [:D] ). I'd say it's a bit older than the common variations and I agree with Diggerjeff that it may well be worth something.
Nice find.

KentOhio

Reaction score
I saw one like it in an antique shop priced at $15 a few years ago.

Pettydigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everybody, I thought it may be a little older than the common one we always find/see. I'm sure it's not a priceless bottle[:D] but I was pretty happy to haul it home that day.
Pettydigger

junkortreasure?

Reaction score
I found this same bottle last fall, I listed on ebay awhile back with a starting bid ofd $9.99 and it didnt sell so I just kept it for my collection.[:)]

Pettydigger

Reaction score
I will keep mine too junkortreasure? If I clean it up a little better it will make a good window bottle[;)]

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
HMMMMM,now that is a strange neck!.,I have 2 of the same bottles but with out that type of neck,so I would say it is Uncommon to rare maybe,....depends on the collector and also it is a common bottle found in the north east US,.....

but a strange neck indeed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc