Violin bottles with stands

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello, Anyone here collect violin bottles ? I picked up two lite blue violin bottles today with table type stands that I have never seen before. The owner said these were the only two bottles with original stands he has seen in many years of collecting. I have looked on e-bay for this item with no luck. I have a couple other violin bottles that hang on wall, But never seen a table top stand made to hold a violin bottle. This may be a very common item as I am new to collecting and I don't collect these type bottles that is why I am asking if anyone would be interested in these bottles ? Thanks, Kevin..

Attachments

• b9f9daeee9114fd1889a38dc7fd5e56e.jpg
    b9f9daeee9114fd1889a38dc7fd5e56e.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 71

peejrey

Reaction score
I have a few from my late grandmother, after I took an interest in glass she left them to me... Always on the look out for them. Yes, it is quite rare to find the stand with them, and it drives the prive up...Michael Polak featured them in his...4th edition I believe..

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The stands and hangers are tough. The VIOBOT collectors mention the wall hangers briefly but I didn't see a mention of a table stand. It would be nice to see some old Pairpoint, Dell etc. catalogs or ads to get the prices. They were most likely "optional" like the color of the glass.I know that some of the metal hangers were produced by other people to hold them a bit later and some people still make them, maybe the stands were also.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Thank you both for your input on this bottle. I am going to research them further and probably will be selling them as I don't collect them. I only bought them due to never seeing them in a table top stand before. Thanks again. Kevin...

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well I have a couple of them, and have read different write-ups about them. They are neat because my Dad and I, plaid violins together - he plaid by ear and I took lessons. Both of my Great Grand Fathers plaid and I still have their violins. All smiling memories - today. RED M.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Thanks Red, Interesting story as always!! I would like to see someone have these that can appreciate them and relate them to a story like yours. Thanks again. Kevin...

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Does that mean you want to sell them? I am too old to be getting more bottles but I have ended up with three in the last week. And I know I am getting two for Christmas. RED M.

lblackvelvet

Reaction score
Hello Red, If you are interested in the violin bottles with stands, Please PM me and we can talk about them. Thanks, Kevin..

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Back again Kevin; I highly recommend you find a Barnes & Nobel and get a copy of Michael Polak's 7th Edition of Antique Trader BOTTLES. It has a neat chapter on these bottles. I have just finished reading the whole book and have had three earlier editions of his book series.I am sure I have over 60 books on early glass and glass making. If you want the best sources of information on early glass Bill Lindsey's work covering Historic Bottle Website is the best source of learning, and Steve Sewels - realy Atkinson's postings are a must to have copies saved. I must have over 50 of his presentations in my computer. It is a great hobby.RED Matthews

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4