went hunting

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
Hey Sam just had to drop by, and tell you about the crazy luck a digging buddy of mine had this week. He lives in an area surrounded by cotton fields, and nothing else. He went out craw fishing this week, and struck out. While moving to a new tank to fish he spotted a bottle. IT was a aqua Dallas Brewery. Then he noticed a string of bottles littered across the field. By the time he followed the trail to it's source he had a amber poison, two whiskey fifths and a mint condition extremely rare Ellis County Bottling Works straight side Coca Cola. What happened is a tank over flowed, and filled the fields. When it came over the dam it cut a trench right through a farm dump. It was in place that had all of this not happened the dump would never had been found. IT seems they just threw trash out on the flat ground. Upon returning to dig he got a couple more whiskeys and poisons. Then lucky sucker got another of the Ellis county bottles. The cheapest one has sold is 500.00, and those were not in that great of shape. I am going out to dig in it with him on Saturday, and trade for one of the Ellis bottles. If we do any good I will drop you a line, and post some pics. It is about time to start hitting the Oakcliff dump again. The ivy is dying back finally.

Brad

athometoo

Reaction score
YES ,it almost time . my wife wants me to take her the lamar , trinity is still flooded from oct 24th . she wants to find another sign . i am going hunting tommorrow with my son in haynesville . we are going to poke around three different pits around there probally prohibition stufff , but beats the boredom . did you get to check the airport? real close to where you told me the bromos were . the old farmsite . lotsa piles , may sneak in sunday . you up for it? let ya know how tommorrow comes out . sam oh yeah i have the six ounce amber dallas brewery .

imukdiver

Reaction score
Can't help you with the Tappan bottle, but I the Hoyt's I can. I found a similar one awhile back while diving. The company has been around since the 1860s, forget the exact date. They are still in buisness. You can still get the cologne today. I have a bottle it has a nice and clean smell to it.

athometoo

Reaction score
heres whta my son got saturday night . his birthday was on the 12th . hes sixteen now and got his first 10 point . he was in heaven all the way home , adrenaline rush . like finding a really good bottle dump . just thought i would share . i smoked a wild turkey and a rear leg from this deer today . turkey for me tonight , gave my neighbor the smoked hind quarter . hes a good friend . i will post some garage sale finds from yesterday afternoon later . we got 1 down 3 to go and i should be set for venision for the year . sam

7CCC349879C9410BA3887E8B1A4B2356.jpg

Attachments

• 7CCC349879C9410BA3887E8B1A4B2356.jpg
    7CCC349879C9410BA3887E8B1A4B2356.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 59

jays emporium

Reaction score
Congrats to your son, Sam. I don't have a hunting lease this year and was worried I might not get any venison. I went on a public hunt at Aransas Wildlife Refuge for opening weekend. They take 100 hunters for the weekend and the success rate is about 25% and many don't even see a deer. I was lucky enough to knock down a buck and a doe. Only 5 points so no pics but I got meat in the feezer.
Jay

earlyglass

Reaction score
I don't get out to hunt too often... but here is a spike buck that I took yesterday.
He dressed out at 126 lbs. and will make for some nice steaks this winter.

9ECFF60C039E4181A41A8381EE54C4A7.jpg

Attachments

• 9ECFF60C039E4181A41A8381EE54C4A7.jpg
    9ECFF60C039E4181A41A8381EE54C4A7.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 54

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I watched a doe walk around nibbling acorns the last two days...but no buck yet..I did find an old farm dump though! Going back there very soon!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen