What cities are known to have pontiled druggist bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
Thank you. But I am not done yet... just slow posting [:D]. I will be listing some early non druggist bottles on ebay soon. An iron pontiled M'Leans Strengthening Cordial, an aqua hinge mold M'Leans and a beautiful green hinge mold M'Leans. I'll post something on this forum ones I have those listed.

DA0C77DE44BC4B53B0697F87CAA867CE.jpg

Attachments

• DA0C77DE44BC4B53B0697F87CAA867CE.jpg
    DA0C77DE44BC4B53B0697F87CAA867CE.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 92

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
And my favorite Druggist in my collection...

7 1/2" IP R. & J. Adams / Druggists / St. Louis // Superior / Mineral / Waters

855DEEF1A64C41CC81890ACD152D78AF.jpg

Attachments

• 855DEEF1A64C41CC81890ACD152D78AF.jpg
    855DEEF1A64C41CC81890ACD152D78AF.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 80

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Definitely some tough ones to come by James. You have a nice collection of some great St. Louis meds there. That tealish colored Leitch is really sharp, I haven't seen one in that color. The Maguire's are all nice. The cobalt ones are pretty amazing, smooth based or pontiled. A friend of mine has the pontiled one and it's really sharp for sure. The Merrells are nice looking bottles, and some of the Barnards i've seen have great looking pontils.

The R&J Adams is just torture! [;)] They just don't show up for sale. The known colors of them are aqua, teal, emerald green, forest green, and cobalt from what I believe is known. There's a few in-between shades of aqua from a very light to a deep strong aqua, that borders a light teal. I've seen them all, but haven't had an opportunity to buy one yet. Most of the St. Louis collectors just won't let 'em go, and I can't blame them! We've been fortunate enough to capture all the colors for our upcoming Missouri soda book.

~Tim

DruggistBottles

Reaction score
Unfortunatly, my Adams does have a flaw in the lip. It must have had a chip that someone smoothed out. But it is a good thing, as I paid only $15 for it about 15 years ago [8D]. No way I could afford to buy one otherwise. And I have been offered quite a bit as it is. But, as my favorite, it is here to stay. But who knows. I have gone from collecting Coca Cola, to Inks, to Cures, to Pontiled Sodas, to Southern Bottles to Druggists. Maybe I will change again. Then again I have always collected druggist as I knew I could always dig some or find them at shows. Good luck tracking down those good St. Louis bottles for your collection.

midway49

Reaction score
Maysville, Ky has two different pontiled bottles from Seaton & Sharpe. The op version is embossed "S&S Maysville, Ky". The ip bottle is embossed "Seaton & Sharpe, Maysville, Ky", but I don't think it's embossed "Druggists". However I have a copy of an 1844 receipt from Seaton & Sharpe as "Importers and Dealers in Drugs, Medicines, Paints, Oils, Dye-stuffs, Glassware, &&".
Sorry no pics, but I thought Jimbo might have the OP bottle we dug. I think there are only 2 of the op, and one of the ip. We dug the ip also and it stayed in Maysville.
There is a paper label OP bottle from Georgetown, Ky.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles