Wintery bottle sojourn...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glass man

Reaction score
GREAT JOE! MANI MISS DIGGING BOTTLES! DREAMED LAST NIGHT I FOUND A NICE DIGGING PLACE...IN MY DREAMS THOUGH THE BOTTLES I DIG I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF AND ARE SORTA VAGUE AS TO WHAT THEY ARE!

LAUR GOT GREAT PICS OF THAT DEER! JAMIE

logueb

Reaction score
Joe, Enjoyed the post. Been wondering what was going on with you guys up north and why no great post on the forum for me to enjoy reading. Well, now I know.....the snow has arrived. We rarely get snow down here. We had a good snow last February and the grandkids and I enjoyed making snowmen. I think I enjoyed it as much as they did. As much as I enjoy seeing what you bottle guys unearth up North, you'all can keep all that snow up there. I'll stick to my toc stuff and the sunny South. Snow just slows me down too much. Hope you will be able to go back in the spring and find some whole ones. Not trying to hijack your post, but here's a pic of our snow last Feburary. These are going to be future bottle diggers, their parents just don't know it yet.[:D] PS. If you get tired of all that white stuff, just come on down. There's plenty of dumps to dig and maybe you and Penn and Mr. Fred can help me locate a privy or two. Buster

7E887BF004EF48988C20D97618F9F786.jpg

Attachments

• 7E887BF004EF48988C20D97618F9F786.jpg
    7E887BF004EF48988C20D97618F9F786.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 47

bostaurus

Reaction score
It is 9 degrees here this morning and snow called for this afternoon. I am so excited. This is the coldest temp I have ever experianced. I know it is a silly thing to be excited about but at 52 there are not many "new" experiances in life! I also know that it will get much colder now that I am in the frozen north.
Although I am a southern girl my dad was in the Navy, and of course, my hubby was in the Army until last year, so we have been all over. In all that time and all those places we lived it never got below 11 degrees. By the end of this winter I may decide that I truly belong back in the South.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
A few more weeks and the days will start getting longer, YEA sun! Unfortunately Jan, Feb are typically the coldest months.

bostaurus

Reaction score
And speaking of deer...A woman hit a deer here in Wisconsin last week. The buck had 13 points and 3 drop tines. She had no idea about the buck..only that it had destroyed her car. When her husband arrived he was excited about the deer and put it in his truck. They went to the local bar to show off the deer and folks immediately started to get pictures with the deer and then the offers started to roll in. The woman had not realized the value of the buck and when the bidding got to $3000 she decided to take it home. Last I heard the offers were up to $10,000 and they had the deer hidden away. Amazing.
I guess Wisconsin law lets you keep anything you hit with your car. Most places I have lived it would be illegal to take the deer...which I always thought was a waste.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
You guys are real die-hards. Reminds me when I worked up in Green Bay and rode my Harley up too the first day it snowed (that's when they started throwing salt on the roads). Even if it was 29 degrees out, I rode it. Ya, it was cold, but winter was too long a wait to get back in the saddle again, so I rode every day I could.

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: mr.fred

They let you keep them in N.Y.S.----but they issue a Tag!-----people have gotten caught without a Tag-----Big fine[:(]

They give tags up here in Maine too.People can contact the Warden service to be contacted when animals get hit too.Its easier on the food bill for the less fortunate.

Nice story Joe.I hope there may be some more under there next spring.

We just lost our snow again to rain but more snow is on the way later.Looks like a good one on the way soon.Its a heat wave at 40 degrees in Central Maine at this time of year.The good news is,with these easy winters,the deer are coming back from getting devastated from a few years ago.The really deep snow allowed the coyotes easy kills and temps took many also.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229