Wintery bottle sojourn...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
A friend of ours in Dover-Foxcroft, Maine told me that the game warden in the area knows who needs the meat to feed their family and will cut them slack as far as rules go.

logueb

Reaction score
You can keep the road hit deer in Georgia. They are plentiful down here now. I remember as a kid hardly ever seeing a deer. Now the hunting limit is 12 per person. A lady at work hit a large buck on the way to work Wensday. You have to watch out for them, day and night. Buster

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: Wangan

We just lost our snow again to rain but more snow is on the way later.

Tim,....I'm just getting to the point where I can deal w/ the aftermath of our rain,....(which i think is what you guys are getting now)....It was followed by an ultra fast drop in temp and instant winter....In fact night before last it rained 3 inchs or more in 24 hours,...temp was up to 72* at 3.a.m, then dropped to 21* while the rain pounded the rivers and waterways,...we had fairly serious flooding, followed by the snow. Now I gotta roll up my sleeves and go to work on retrieving firewood,...fixing the bridge out back etc....and cleaning out the workshop and garage which is lower...Here's a pic Laur took when I was going move the truck. (BTW those are 15" boots.) [8|] That's another reason the bottle outing was very welcome! A fun distraction! Thanks everyone for your pictures and comments, and stories always enjoy hearing everyones opinion..........

7DB5E72588824E0A8B3DCFE77D8B7A3D.jpg

Attachments

• 7DB5E72588824E0A8B3DCFE77D8B7A3D.jpg
    7DB5E72588824E0A8B3DCFE77D8B7A3D.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 32

logueb

Reaction score
Joe, That looks like some serious flooding there. Hope that the house stayed high and dry. That water can make quite a mess. Also hope that you and Laur make it through this mess without too much trouble. Looks like the boots are already filled with water from the pic. I live on a hill but am prone from flooding because of the Carolina Bay out back. When the rainy season starts I have to make sure all the french drains are open, the sump pump is plugged in, etc. Installed 400 feet of drain lines for the gutters this summer to move water away from the house. Stay warm and dry. Buster

Wangan

Reaction score
Woah man! Thats some serious water.Like logueb says I hope you two are high and dry.Hopefully that will all run off before it freezes solid.I imagine the ground was saturated from before anyway.Hang in there Joe AND DONT DROP YOUR TRUCK KEYS!!! Youd never find em in all that water,but then again,youd never think youd find em again in all that dirt either!!! You got some luck,but youre using it too sparingly is all.[:D] The last I heard we may get up to 17" of snow in this bad storm coming up.Sounds like a Nor`Easter ayuh.Time to melt some wax in my shoval.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Thanks everyone,...It was a miserable night but we dodged the bullet of it coming into the main house,...Just my workshops that are down lower. Laur and I took a drive to Olean NY today for some business, and the highway follows the Allegheny River....It looks as though the flooding was pretty bad everywhere nearby to us....

rockbot

Reaction score
Now that is a real "survivor" type weather. I hope your fire wood stays dry!

Lodzaglass

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

We dug quite an area out,...but were only able to find this partial local blob...a shame, because these were fairly early and crude for oil field era trash....

F4C604DC70654D199D6AB826B7A67DC6.jpg

Got a shock when I saw this photo. Thought you had a 57mm AT!

So many near misses on the bottle front. Must be goodies in there somewhere.

Beautiful photos.

Cheers for posting.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583