1st attempt bottle repair

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

swizzle

Reaction score
I'd like to see the process from start to finish. With video's if possible. I'll most likely video my whole technique when I get it perfected. I did order some dye. Green, yellow and Blue. Thet should be enough to get the tint right on most bottles. I can wait too get everything set so I can get started on a real repair. Swiz

suzanne

Reaction score
I'm sorry - Balt bottles - please forgive my stupid spelling. How did you do that? Can't even tell they were chipped.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Chris did a repair for me on a "Medium end" bottle neck chip back in 03 when he was just starting out, and you still can't tell where it was repaired. Not even with a blacklight. The thing that makes this even more amazing was the bottle is a very ORANGE amber bottle. He matched the color perfectly.

Not blowin smoke up your skirt Chris, but you do have a very profound talent in bottle repair if you ever chose to persue it. Kelley [:D]

suzanne

Reaction score
Baltbottles; I can see that you are not going to divulge your ancient bottle fixing formula, probably because you know many people who would try to duplicate your results would just end up with a bigger mess than before. I respect that.
I guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem