563 Bids for a $50 hutch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Must be some kind of record, the bidder kept bidding himself up a penny at a time, more patience than I have http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELSIOR-SODA-WATER-CO-LTD-HILO-HAWAII-BOTTLE-/251069316265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a74e5bca9

Bill

epackage

Reaction score
That is officially THE STUPIEST THING I've ever seen happen on Ebay, which make it's kinda cool, I guess...[:-]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Must have had a reserve. Otherwise bids would go in bid increments, and it would not allow so many bids. That guy must have a lot of time on his hands. Like mailing somebody a story one letter at a time or something. And in the end you wonder why you would spend hours doing something that takes minutes (or less).

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
So, now that he's the top bidder, he can continue to raise his top bid one penny at a time. I'm not sure what the entertainment value is of bidding one cent after one cent for hours at a time. Maybe somebody told him (or her) that you'll know a lot more about ebay after you've placed a thousand bids? It does allow someone else to count the pennies and drive his bid up to just under where they would win it and make him (the multiple bidder) spend a few coins more to win it.

epackage

Reaction score
Has to be an Ebay glitch now that I think about it, you can't bid in increments of 1 cent...

epackage

Reaction score
My mistake, you can raise "your own" bid a penny at a clip, this is extremely odd...I need to ask the bidder after this ends what the scoop was...[;)]

PASodas

Reaction score
This is the most peculiar bidding strategy that I have seen . . . he/she has 626 bids with this seller yet its only 82% of bid history . . . he/she has 105 bids on some european currency as well . . . this is a full time job![:eek:]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PASodas

he/she has 105 bids on some european currency as well
Would love to know how you found that out Jeff...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1