563 Bids for a $50 hutch

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jonahtroy

Reaction score
well atleast now someone else has the top bid. I guess by adding all that pennies he made that person pay 6$ more xD

carobran

Reaction score
Somebody needs to send that guy a jigsaw puzzle.

nhpharm

Reaction score
It is a really odd way to bid if you really wanted to buy the item. The more bids an item has, the more likely it is to show up on the "Best Match" search that eBay likes to throw up (or so I am told). Looks more like a way for a person to draw attention to their listings.

epackage

Reaction score
Here is the update on that bidder and his strange ways....

Aloha Jim,
I am also very concerned about this bidder. Thank you for blocking him from your auctions. His username is merchantfromthepast and it indicates that he is from Indonesia. Thank you for alerting me to this strange activity, and sorry you were not able to win the item. Thankfully someone other than merchantfromthepast ended up winning the auction.

Mahalo,
Steve

fishnuts

Reaction score
It usually irritates me when some ebay newbie bids two dollar increments on the two hundred dollar bottle I'm trying to get. Not that I mind payin' his puny extra, mind you. It's more like that the bidder has no real clue the bottle will ultimately sell for hundreds of dollars, but keeps plugging along...$30.000! A minute later...$32.00! A minute later...$34.00. Ad infinitum.

But this bidder takes the cake! It makes all the petty annoyances that I've mentioned pale in contrast.

It takes all kinds, eh.

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
Well that is the weirdest bidding in the history of weird bidding! Well if I was the seller I do not mind if somebody bidding that way as long as he willing to pay (If he won of course), but according to everybody it sounds like his act is kind of felony, or offense..or...?? Is that really considered as one?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter