7up BOTTLES ~ OUTSIDE THE BOX

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Hmm, looks like we need to do some more research. I was thinking 1938-39 was the last year(s) of the 8-bubble bottles.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

I stand corrected - there were 8-bubble bottles as late as 1941 and possibly even 1942. My aging memory isn't what it used to be. :rolleyes:

iggyworf

Reaction score
That's what I thought also. But you did get me to check up on it again though. It's all good!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

Bill Lockhart did at least three articles on 7up bottles. Here's a link to one you might not have seen. He even mentions my name in it (Bob Brown) for bringing to his attention the earliest known acl, which was a 1935 7up bottle at the time of the article but has since been changed to a 1934 Jumbo Cola. I contacted him a couple of years later about the Jumbo Cola bottle but he said it was too late to edit the earlier article. Anyway, here's the link and I'm also attaching a chart from the article. Save it to your files for future reference.

http://www.sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/EPChap10b.pdf

7up Chart Bill Lockhart (2).jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Here's the 7up bottle I brought to Bill Lockhart's attention. Speaking of which, I wonder if that's a 'syrup throw' line at the bottom to let bottlers know how much syrup to add during the filling process?

7up Bottle 1935 First ACL.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S.

Based on the Bill Lockhart article and everything I know about the 7up bottle I just posted a picture of, they were only produced during a single year, 1935

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
iggy

That article is where I got the picture I just posted. I also noticed your contributions to the discussion. But what's a little weird is where Bill Lockhart says he's going to give that other guy credit for sharing the bottle. Except those comments, including yours, are from ten months ago, whereas my bringing the bottle to Bill's attention was five years ago. Maybe what Bill meant was that guy's particular bottle and not the bottle in general. ???

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Correction ...

I just reread the thread and the email exchanges between that other guy and Bill Lockhart was in 2005 even though it was being discussed about ten months ago. But its still weird because if Bill said he was going to give that other guy credit, then I wonder why he accredited me instead?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. ~ P.S.

Even weirder is that the picture Bill used for his article indicates it came from eBay, and I'm pretty sure its a picture that the other guy (jacksprat) posted. ???

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology