A Great Dig!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Hi lexdigger, Im somewhat new to the forum but that is my kind of dig No Poison Ivy!! I absolutely love when the bottle or crockery first comes ino view ,I usually follow up with a "please be whole" prayer. Happy Holidays Happy Digging. Kevin

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah Kevin, I love the in situ pics when other diggers take em. That's how I got the idea to take a camera with me, from watching these boards. If I'm digging a spot with good bottles, I've got a routine I do. When I first see the bottle I will look really close for any visible damage. If there is none, I reach for the camera. After I take the pic I will usually say something like "It's going to be busted" or "watch it be a broken" LOL. I always take the time to dig it out instead of trying to pull it out. It makes it more of a thrill, not to mention less of a chance of it breaking! This is one of a handfull of really great digs I've had over the past three years. Chris

Shameless

Reaction score
WOW!

That is the coolest marble I have EVER seen! What a great dig.

I'm new to this forum, but not at all new to digging. That's an amazing site. I love that stoneware, and the doll heads. I can't believe you found so much completely intact!

Thanks for the photos. I'm totally excited now. Gotta hassle the lady next door to let me dig in her yard... Her house in on our neighborhood's 1890's dump.

Awesome dig.

~~Kevin

lexdigger

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin. Good luck on that permission. That's the only way you'll dig the good stuff. You have to get out there and dig as much as you can. I've only been digging for three years but I try to get out most every weekend. Persistance pays off... with a little luck! Chris Capley

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Well done Chris and nice post, but you know that. [:)] Don't stop now. [:D]

lexdigger

Reaction score
Don't worry Meech, I'm not giving up anytime soon! I've already got my next permission worked out. The same construction crew is getting ready to tear down an 1850's house. I'm going to try the back yard out first and then see what happens when they tear it up. For some reason there is always alot of stuff under the house on this street? Hopefully we'll get some good ones! Chris Capley

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday