Amber, SOLID GLASS, Mount Vernon Whiskey, 3" tall !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

eddiesgirls

Reaction score
For sale:
This is a rare and odd whiskey bottle that usually found hollow. but this one is SOLID glass, not a machine made item.
Boldly embossed: Mount Vernon / Pure / Rye Whiskey (front), Side: Bottled / At The / Distillery /, Side: Purity / Waranteed / By / Hannis Distlg Co.,
Base is kicked up. sparkiling gem mint condition. no cracks, no chips, no dings, no damage at all. $55.00 Priority Mail, Insurance and Delivery Confirmation is payed by me. Full three day return less postage and insurance and delivery confirmation costs.

I accept the following payment: Pay Pal, Postal Money Order, Bank and Personal Checks. Please DO NOT SEND CASH !
Email me at eyeluvmarybeth@yahoo/com with any questions.
Still seeking amber embossed tooled inside screw top whiskey bottles in near mint or better condition. Email with what you have for sale or trade.
The Castle Whiskey listed has been sold .
Good Hunting and Seasons Greetings to All !

eddiesgirls

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't access to Compresson Files to Pix.
I can send pix i.e. email direct.
Yes, it is the sample size.

eddiesgirls

Reaction score
I did not know that the solid glass examples came in any other size ?
THanks for the information.

tigue710

Reaction score
I dont know of any. I think the sample you have most of come from the glassworks dump. They are supposed to be hollow. Probably was made with to much glass and thrown out. Years later someone digging at the works must have recovered it. Sounds pretty cool. Would love to see it!

eddiesgirls

Reaction score
Can send pix to your email address: I don't have access to compression files.
Thank you,
Doug

tigue710

Reaction score
have you tried photo bucket? You can download your picture there, and then used a HTML to put them here.

When you click on a picture in photo bucket it gives you these four options to slelct. You select the second option "Direct Link", and copy it, by right clicking in the box with the pictures address, (the white box to the right), and selecting copy.

Share URL - Email & IM
Direct Link - Layout Pages
HTML Code - Websites & Blogs
IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards

You can then paste the picture into your message on the forum by clicking the little symbol above the message that looks like a mountain with the sun

(I put a sample of the symbol at the bottom of this message)

just paste the copied image location into the space that says http//, and click ok, your done! (you do have to write something in the message are, even if just a number or letter for the message to post)

Photo bucket will compress the picture for you, so all you have to do is down load the pic there, and then copy and paste it here...

[/align] [/align] [/align][/align] [/align]

A66D622B058E4E4A8C8ADFE74FDE8933.gif

Attachments

• A66D622B058E4E4A8C8ADFE74FDE8933.gif
    A66D622B058E4E4A8C8ADFE74FDE8933.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 70

GuntherHess

Reaction score
don't have access to compression files

I assume you are talking about photo editing software, you dont need compression to post photos , you just need to resize if its too big.

If you are running Windows you should have the old standard Windows Paint.
You can drop the photo in that, select IMAGE and ATTRIBUTES. You can then set the size there and save it as a smaller photo.

Unfortuately its something you really need to figure out to use this forum effectively. Its all about photos. Plenty of people here to help if you run into problems.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Tigue710 and others: This bottle is probably and advertising sample or a model made by the glass company for the Mount Vernon Company buyer or an executive presentation. It is not possible to make a solid sample by putting an overload in the product mold.
Cast models like this can be made by casting it in wax, then casting it in a ceramic clay box, then meltng the wax out, then fireing the ceramic to a bisk state and then pouring molten glass metal into the bisk cavity. This is called the lost wax process. I have two bookends made by Frederick Carder at Stuben Glass in Corning NY. using this process. This process dates way back in glass and metal forming operations.
RED Matthews

tigue710

Reaction score
That's actually not true Red. I have an example of a Hicks Capudine that is solid glass because to much glass was forced into the mold. It was dug in a spoil pile at a New Jersey glass works. I have also read reference's to this happening. The bottle is the same size as the sample produced, from the description. I'm not saying it has to be an error bottle but it is likely. It would be strange if the bottle was finished after the mistake but it could have passed an initial inspection I supposed.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1