Antique bottle auction site is live! as of right NOW!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I wasnt saying the reserve didnt work, I was just wondering why I couldnt see the value when I looked at my listing. I'm not telling you how your site should work, I'm just trying to understand it.

One thing I really like is that you can see who is bidding on the items. When they hid that info in FleaBay it really took a lot of fun out of the auctions. Even if I didnt bid on a high priced item I liked watching two people I knew fight it out in a bidding war. Great entertainment.

mrbottles

Reaction score
You have been invaluable in making tweaks... I am grateful for the input. The reserve should be indicated somehow to the seller and the fact that there is one should be there for the buyers.

Yes the feedback has to be out there. It is great fun and takes the wind out of shill bidder sails.

Steven

SNDMN59

Reaction score
This is the SNDMN I have some bottles advertised is there a way to have a
area for lots ? This is a great site I really enjoy it, please excuse my spelling, and capital letters as iam legaly blind and have eyesight in one eye, so my eye wears out fast. I wish you the best of luck I have alot of bottles to list.

Lets Keep This Great Hobby Alive [8D]

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey Sandman,

Thanks for the kind feedback! In all seriousness I am not going to refuse any reasonable request for adding to or changing the site to better suit collectors desires. I am not exactly sure what you are asking in regard to lots. Do you mean like multiples listings of the same thing? Or one group of a bunch of things? You can already list a bunch under one listing but you might need more images. I actually have been considering allowing more images. We came up with five as a good starting point after looking at hundreds of different auctions to see how many people used. The almost never use more than four so we went with five.

When I better understand what you want done it will be done as fast as the crew can handle it… I would say less than a week for sure.

Thanks again! With the support of people like you the site will grow to be awesome for everyone.

Steven

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would just post your group of medicines under the Medicine catagory and title it "LOT OF MEDICINES BOTTLES..." and whatever else you want to put. I dont think ebay has any bottle lot categories do they?

druggistnut

Reaction score
Steven,
I saw a $20,000.00 reserve on the pig.
I still cannot find a place to sign out/log off the site.
I should be getting some things on soon.
Bill

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hi Bill,
The logout is on the top right hand corner. Whenever you are logged into the site the login,welcome and account button will show up in that top right hand corner. The reserve on any auction is only displayed in the actual sellers account. In the case of the pig you are seeing the buy it now of $20,000. The reserve is actually $17,500. The reserve display feature was something Matt pointed out we need so it has only been there either yesterday or early today. If you log in and you don’t see that logout screen at the top of the site please let me know. I am pretty sure it has been there since the site went live. I may be mistaken. They kept taking parts out of the graphic user interface as the site was getting ready to go live. I know some things were not restored as the site came on line.
Steven

annie44

Reaction score
One thing I really like is that you can see who is bidding on the items. When they hid that info in FleaBay it really took a lot of fun out of the auctions. Even if I didnt bid on a high priced item I liked watching two people I knew fight it out in a bidding war. Great entertainment.
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

I agree completely!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen