Antique bottle auction site is live! as of right NOW!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mrbottles

Reaction score
I think the images look pretty darn good. The might make it look bigger than it is but people want to see detail when they bid. At least I do. 500 pixels is a heaping lot of width. You can see with the pig auction how much real estate that gives.

Steven

cc6pack

Reaction score
Steve I have another question

I always add "if you have questions email me" in all my auctions no matter which site I'm on I did not see a way for a bidder to ask a question, am I missing something. I know I had a question about pic eariler might want to something along the lines that you can load pics on the next page?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I didnt realize photos were loaded in the second step until I did one listing. Thats why my first one has the html link for the photo. The photo uploading quality is good enough that I personally wouldnt bother hosting my own photos. Saves me a lot of time. Ebay photo hosting sucks for quality, I always host my own photos there.

mrbottles

Reaction score
Yes I am a collector first. We are trying to build a user friendly resource. I asked the main graphic designer on the production to make it more obvious that photo loading is the next page. We did it that way for a couple of reasons related to programming. It goes to secure form posting. Regardless the site is shopping up. Per you pointing it out again it will now be very easy to see visually that the next step is photo loading.
Nice third auction too. I am starting the viral links campaign today. So far people have given about ten links to it from prominent collector’s sites. I am going to try to get as many as possible. If we can get word to spread from user to user the site will start cranking. As it is multiple people are signing on every day so that is good. I have no idea what to expect as far as new registration goes as long as multiple people keep joining every day I think it is on the right path. Two so far today! From opposite ends of the country.
Steven

mrbottles

Reaction score
Hey Matt,

Next time you list something let me know if the fixes are up to snuff. They have made them all and a few other suggested tweaks.

Steven

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I see some improvents. Doesnt seem like the payment section problems were addressed.
I still have to enter my email address for paypal each time. Seems like I should just have to enter this once for my account if I am using the same address every time.
Also , no checkbox was added for personal checks, I still had to enter that manually as other forms of payment.

mrbottles

Reaction score
HA i saw all of those things done... They are doing it on a holding site so as not to break the live site. Sorry man i will let you know when they put the changes live I didn't think about it. I walked past a programmer earlier and asked if he was done with the changes he said yes just testing. I just asked the pay pal piece is now live. It is pre-populated already for you.

Steven

LC

Reaction score
I still do not see a Contact the Seller link to make it possible to ask a seller a question pertaining to a listing , and do you think it would be a plus to have a link View Sellers other listed items for sale , to enable one to view all the sellers other listings all at once ?

LC

Reaction score
Great Steve , look like things are being solved quickly , hope it comtinues that way .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen