Any book experts out there?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I did go there. But it wasn't the right Sonnie-Boy. It seems there was a series. In fact, you can get them online for like .50 cents now days. I have one more book to research, but no matter what I do the photos won't upload. It seems to be an 1868 German Christian worship book sort of thing; but I don't speak German and it's done in stylized letters (like the "S" looks like an "f") so that's not helping. Thanks for the information, though, Glass Man. You sure their prices are spot-on? I don't want the people to lose money, but I don't want them to fail at selling the books.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I have found it! Deutsches Gesangbuch (looks more like Deutfdjes Gefangbugj with the stylized letters) is the title. It is a German worship guide circa 1865 for Methodist and Evangelical Churches according to the pages I've read. (Why not all Churches? Same Faith.) This shows a wide range of values. In this condition--being held together by my own rawhide string, as pages are coming out like leaves and the covers have fallen away (all pages and both covers still here, though!)-- I'd say it has a value of zero. You? I might try to get this one, just to save it and see it one day rebound.

sunrunner

Reaction score
I find that bibles are worthless ,unless your in to that kind of thing I've collected old books for years . At actions most religious books ended up in the dumpster . I do have a family bible from 1532 its in German but what the hell .

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
The Bible is the World's best seller since, well, ever. They're not worthless. What it holds in it is priceless. And as an antique Bible, it holds collector's value. Religion just isn't what it was 100 years ago to people now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday