Anyone collecting nail polish bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ginnieinthebottle

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new. :>
I was just wondering, anyone collects or reuses nail polish bottles for any other purposes? I discovered lately that I can use them as a decoration and now just searching on more ideas what can be done with bottles in general, hence my subscription to the forum. Nail polish bottles are little and cute, I think I can make something original out of them or even use them as containers for other things. Is it just me or anyone else does that too?

Cheers.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Hi Ginnie,
Welcome to the forum.
I keep them because someday I might figure out what to do with them, but so far, haven't quite figured out what to use them for.

Kate

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Ginnie
Heres a few nail polish bottles I 've kept around .One is also a cuticle remover .Theses are early 1900 s .I kept them because of there small sizes and shapes .
bill

dollarbill

Reaction score
OPPS lost the pic some were .Here it is .
bill

614BE7841AC04D178ABD2FD74C678DE3.jpg

Attachments

• 614BE7841AC04D178ABD2FD74C678DE3.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 61

Ginnieinthebottle

Reaction score
Nice to meet you both, Kate and Bill.

Bill,
that's some nice collection you got, wonder about the method of applying nail polish back in those times! How did you manage to acquire these pieces, if I may ask?

Kate,
for now I plan using mine as containers for various beads, little trinkets, sea sand, pebbles and even metal balls from pens and even those you find in nail polishes themselves. Besides, those bottles can work as tiny vases for little flowers which looks very cute and they can be painted on the surface. At least those are my ideas, never met with that kind of usage by anyone else so far.
I don't really collect bottles just for bottles, but discovered that it's great to make some sort of interesting use out of them that's why they are worth "collecting", but that's just me. I just found bottles especially fun as I pretty much like objects made of glass.

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Ginnie
I have never found or dug an intacted top to one of these little ones .I would say they had a stem of some type with a brush on one end and inbeded into a stopper on the other weather it was cork or rubber I am not sure or you bought a brush and kept it . Just a guess .These are all dug bottle and I have a small box full of them some were as I like the tiny one .
bill

cyberdigger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: dollarbill

OPPS lost the pic some were .Here it is .
bill

I suspect this is a trick pic.. those are quart milks and it's an over-sized penny! Can't fool me!!

dollarbill

Reaction score
Hey Cyberdigger can't fool you uh .That penny cost a mint with the price of copper the way it is hehe .Hey and a quart of cuticle remover wow that had to have done a lot of finger and toe a.
bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday