BAM Auctions

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one else has had trouble with Bottles & More Auctions. I just bought a cobalt pontiled Heimstreet in their last auction, paid good money for it, and it is pretty much a piece of junk. It has interior etching, groundwear throughout, and moderate to heavy scratching. I emailed & asked to return it, but haven't heard from them yet. Anybody have an opinion here?? Am I expecting too much??
thanks
Bill

pa digger

Reaction score
I think you are expecting too much. B.A.M for the most part will probably avoid you. If they make good for it you are lucky. GOOD Luck.[:mad:]

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Surprise, Surprise! They agreed to take it back. No apology or nothing of course, Just a terse "semd it back if you do not like it." Probably the last bottle I will buy there, even ebay is more predictable than that.

Wilkie

Reaction score
I wasn't real thrilled with my last purchase from them. I paid a small price so I didn't get too bent out of shape. I paid abt 20 bucks for 4 tiny so-called poison bottles. One was embossed and it turns out to be and English medicine. The other 3 were unembossed. Of the three unembossed ones, there is a green, an amber and what I thought was a cobalt. The cobalt turns out to be an aqua that has been eradicated/eradiated (don't know which is the correct term). I think that BAM needs to pay closer attention to the descriptions of the items in their auctions if they care at all about their reputation.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

I think that BAM needs to pay closer attention to the descriptions of the items in their auctions if they care at all about their reputation.
See the thing of it is Wilkie ole boy, Bam writes the descriptions[:D]
I know they do, that's why they need to pay close attention to them and make sure they are accurate. Don't leave out details like altered colors or non U.S. in origin. Leaving details out is as bad as give false details in my book.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I just received the item I bought in the last GlassWorks auction. They shipped it the same day I paid. Very well packed and insured. Item was as described and pictured. No surprises. I think I paid a premium price but they have yet to disappoint me. I will buy again.
Running an auction isnt rocket science, people just need to be professionals.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I don't have any stories to relate about purchases from BAM, but anyone with 10 yr. old camera phone could upload better pics to ebay than they have on some $5000 bottles they sell.

baltbottles

Reaction score
I bought an Oversized Midwestern Swirl out of Rod's last auction. I had seen it on his table at the national show in York a few months back. So I knew it was a nice bottle. Best part was I got it at a significantly lower price then he was trying to get for it at the show. I'm pretty sure this example was once owned by Jeff and Holly at one time then sold from their website. I've picked up quite a few bargains from Rod's auction over the past few years. My only gripe with him is it takes a month to get your bottle.

On the contrary I bought a lot in the last Glassworks auction. And it just arrived today so considering I mailed my check out last Thursday. Jim must have shipped before my check even cleared. Now that’s what I call service.

However with Glassworks as in most auctions I will say that some aspects of the bottles condition may be left out of the description. I have bought several pontiled meds that had been professionally cleaned. The cleaning had not been mentioned in the description. Had I known the bottles were cleaned I would not have chased them as strongly.

I have bought bottles from all the major bottle auction houses and Ebay. I have been pleased with most of my purchases from the bottle auctions but never really ecstatic And on one occasion I was going to send back a very expensive bottle due to undescribed damage. But the auctioneer and I negotiated a lower price with the consigner and I kept the bottle.

My experience on Ebay has been slightly better. Overall most things I have bought have been as described and on several occasions the bottle I received was far nicer then the auction made it appear. Generally most sellers will answer any questions I have and are glad to send additional pictures. I always try to ask as much as I can before I make the decision to bid.

Chris

20974EB60E3B453682C9587C80B8EE88.jpg

Attachments

• 20974EB60E3B453682C9587C80B8EE88.jpg
    20974EB60E3B453682C9587C80B8EE88.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 80

coldwater diver

Reaction score
I stopped doing business w/ BAM after repeated attempts to get back the amount I had paid for two subscriptions and never received for myself and a friend of mine. You can email and call just so many times. 50$ is what a good name goes for I suppose.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler