Been meaning to post all week! a few random things.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Poison_Us

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Here's a close up of the small green embossed (What I thought was a druggist) Geez,..."RICIN!"[:'(] and I had decided to scrub it out a little bit for the pic, before I read the embossing... [;)] I better toss that bottle brush...nice looking little bottle.

I would imagine this is (or should be) considered a poison?

38E97A176C394A80B9DF4E535D6268CA.jpg

I believe all the RICIN bottles are KR-90s. Embossing varies a bit. I have 2 sizes listed (3 1/2" and 5 5/8") Price, historically, $100 - $200 on a good day. These days, someone less, but I don't see them come up for auction so I couldn't give you any current pricing.

I thought it may have been some uniquely colored Philly local druggist when I bought it. As it is a poison and I do not collect poisons, I will try to sell or trade it. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

PD

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would classify the bottle as a medicine. I beleive it was sold as a laxative castor oil product.
It wouldn definately be dangerous if excess amounts were taken.
Some poisons overlap the medicinal catagory it seems. The iodine poisons are one example.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Morphine Sulfate is another, Gunth. In the granulated forms in bottle, un-diluted...them bottles are labeled as Poison. Laudanum is still one of those that we waffle on as well.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Joe ,you are welcome ,glad to find a proper home for the orphan stopper .
Have to say thanks to Surfacecone for the research and pic of bottle and stopper .Without that info i would not have known what to look for .
Forgot to add ,nice pickups Tom ! [:)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie